MacOS Agent Installer Cloud Admin

I am trying to install the Agent Installer (generated from the Cloud Administator site) onto a Mac running Mojave (v10.14.6) - when I run the sh file in sudo bash (and also normal bash) mode, I get an error regarding OpenSSL (readlink illegal operation).  I also see the error code 1083.

Is this something that is going to be fixed soon?  I have to install this onto a few Mac's ASAP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• ESET Staff

Could you be more specific of which type of installer you are referring to? There is only pkg-installer in ECA available so I am not sure whether you mean that one or shell-based installer available in ESMC?

I am using the Agent Installer which is generated from the Cloud Administration site (under Installers > Create Installer > More Options > Agent Installer Linux).  This then creates a tar.gz compressed file which I deployed to a single laptop running Mac OS Mojave.  I followed the instructions in the following guide for the install:

https://support.eset.com/en/deploy-the-eset-management-agent-to-a-macos-client-using-agent-live-installer-7x

Is there another way to install the managing agent and EndPoint security to a Mac then?

• ESET Staff
2 hours ago, cmason.codegate said:

Is there another way to install the managing agent and EndPoint security to a Mac then?

Yes. Flow is just little different: Under Installers > Create Installer > Live installer (it is shared wizard also for Windows). You have to select AGENT + Security product and once you are asked for specific ESET product to be installed, select macOS one. As a result, standard macOS PKG installer with wizard will be generated.

Hi Martin, sorry for the late reply.  I am happy to say that this process worked perfectly, the only update that needed to be done after install was to give Eset full disk access.  Is this method listed as the preffered way of installing on a Mac?  The only way I could find before was the one listed in my previous note (which didn't work at all).  It might be worth including this in the FAQ in the main site so that other people can take advantage of this install method.  But many thanks for your assistance, I'm happy to close this now.