Question about digital license key from Newegg

soulweeper

Been using NOD32 since as long as I can remember, and every year, I find a good deal at Newegg, for a 3 or 5 PC program. They used to send the retail product, and I'd simply use the product key, to get my username and password, and update my program. I just did it for a 3 PC version, and it's digital now. They send you the product key, and download link. That's fine, and obviously less wasteful, but is the process still the same, as far as me going and activating that license at the ESET site, or is that product key used in the program now? My current license doesn't expire until January, that's why I ask, don't want to activate it too soon.

Hope I explained that right. :)

Thanks, in advance.

I can't remember exactly where you need to put the new license key. I believe I did it through the actual program and not the website. I do exactly the same as you. I wait until Newegg has it on sale and I buy it and update the license key each year. The only thing I would suggest is to wait until your current license is about to expire. I have made the mistake in the past of inputting the new key into the program too early. If you do so you will lose the remaining time on your current license. It's happened to me twice before. I now wait until the day my current license expires.

Edited by ram1220

31 minutes ago, ram1220 said:

I can't remember exactly where you need to put the new license key. I believe I did it through the actual program and not the website. I do exactly the same as you. I wait until Newegg has it on sale and I buy it and update the license key each year. The only thing I would suggest is to wait until your current license is about to expire. I have made the mistake in the past of inputting the new key into the program too early. If you do so you will lose the remaining time on your current license. It's happened to me twice before. I now wait until the day my current license expires.

Yep, I usually wait until the day of, for the same reason, haha. I believe it is just the product key. I think they stopped the username/password deal, I seem to remember.