petersonal

eras process stopping

Hello,

we have an eras 6.5 installed on Win2012 R2. Today the EraServerSvc service stopped 4 times. We have monitoring system which is alerting us. I am looking for some help, how to troubleshoot. 
I looked c:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Server\EraServerApplicationData\Logs\ last-error, status, trace logs, but i could not find usefull information. Maybe there is a way to increase log level?

I am not sure, maybe our server is running out of memory, but the service is not allocating more thank 80 MB memory. This just a guess.

Any help would be nice

Thank you,

peter

I would recommend to start checking standard windows event logs, especially to find out whether service was interrupted unexpectedly (possibly service crash) or whether it was stopped intentionally, either by other processes or by operating system itself.

Also there is a special directory in ESMC's ProgramData directory used to store process crash dumps - please check whether there are any records.

Hi,

sorry forget to mention, i stated with windows logs, i only found that the eset process has unexpectedly stopped, and it is the 6.th time. Could you tell me where is this special directory? Seached programdata for *.log and found the directory i already mentioned, some agent log, and some rogue detection sensor log. Neither is what i am looking for. Where should i find it?

13 hours ago, petersonal said:

Hi,

sorry forget to mention, i stated with windows logs, i only found that the eset process has unexpectedly stopped, and it is the 6.th time. Could you tell me where is this special directory? Seached programdata for *.log and found the directory i already mentioned, some agent log, and some rogue detection sensor log. Neither is what i am looking for. Where should i find it?

It should be directory named:

C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Server\EraServerApplicationData\Dumps\

where *.dmp files are interesting for analysis. They might be located in "Local" subfolder.

no *.dmp files in
c:\Program Files\ESET
c:\ProgramData\ESET

no files in:
C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Server\EraServerApplicationData\Dumps\

:(
side note: yesterday the service did not stopped, nothing changed, strange 

Edited by petersonal

No crash since weekend, i think we can close the topic, if the problem will come again, i will post back.