Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BeanSlappers

Applications in the Eset firewall

Recommended Posts

Just wondering, is there a way to check the application in the eset firewall?  Like to clean out all the old apps?

 

I cannot seem to find this area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's not possible. However, we plan to improve the rule list, e.g. by adding information when rules were applied last time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've often wanted a clean out feature but I suppose you could risk removing rules that you might want to be kept for future use

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Marcos said:

That's not possible. However, we plan to improve the rule list, e.g. by adding information when rules were applied last time.

That would be really good.  Kaspersky has one where you can see what apps have access to the net etc and a button for a clean up to remove old things.  This came handy for me personally as there was apps I wanted but not give them net access.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, peteyt said:

I've often wanted a clean out feature but I suppose you could risk removing rules that you might want to be kept for future use

This happens for people that don't know what they are doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suggested this in the Future changes couple of months ago mentioning Kaspersky as an example. Less detailed than Kaspersky but G-Data has this too. ESET can upgrade their running processes tool and turned that into something similar to Kaspersky's Application Control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SeriousHoax said:

I suggested this in the Future changes couple of months ago mentioning Kaspersky as an example. Less detailed than Kaspersky but G-Data has this too. ESET can upgrade their running processes tool and turned that into something similar to Kaspersky's Application Control.

I personally love more detail's, like having to know every in and out of my computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...