qu4q

Eset start on-demand scan everyday by itself!

My eset endpoint began to behave strangely after upgrading to 7.2. Every day at the same time the scan "on-demand" begins. I don't have anything like this set up anywhere in ESMC, I didn't change anything there. There should be one scan (exactly at the same time as the unwanted daily scans) once a week. I checked twice if there were any new options in the console that could cause it. I didn't find anything. It kills the performance of my endpoints! 

Has anyone had such a problem?

Please try removing the scheduled scan and schedule the scan task from scratch locally to see if it works as expected. Should the problem persist, I'd recommend raising a support ticket with customer care.

Anyways, running a full disk scan once a week is a bit overkill; files are scanned when saved, read or executed by real-time protection and AMS may kick in upon execution too. I'd not run it more than once or twice a month.

I deleted the schedule and set a new one for a different day and time. Nothing changed. scans start every day (but with the new time) even though i choosed the scan once a week! I had no problems with it before. Version 7.2 is a drama. 

I had to delete this scan schedule and run it manually when i need.

Edited by qu4q

Did you schedule the task via a policy or directly on a client? To my best knowledge, EP 7.2 has some fixes for issues with starting tasks. Please raise a support ticket with customer care so that the issue can be investigated by developers.

By policy with ESMC. Time for a ticket. The funniest thing is that the problem only applies to Windows based computers. I did not notice any problems on Linux or Macos endpoints.

It'd be good to know if the issue occurs also if you schedule the scan task locally and not via a policy.