How to prevent product update from EIS 12.x to 13.x

Hello, I am using EIS 12.2.30.0 and for the past month I keep on getting a nagging dialog box asking me to update to 13.x. I don't want to update as pulse secure doesn't support 13.x, which would prevent me from connecting to my work's vpn. How can I stop this frustrating annoyance as I am really getting tired of it. I have been on EIS for almost 8 years, and am on the verge of moving across to KIS 2020 which does work with pulse secure. Thank you.

Edited by kellyz

• Administrators

If missing support for v13 is the only thing that prevents you from using the latest version, what about adding a process recognition manually as per the KB article https://kb.pulsesecure.net/articles/Pulse_Secure_Article/KB22348 ?

The weird thing is that it's always been the ekrn.exe process based on which the sw could determine if ESET is running.

Thanks, however this requires administrator rights which I do not possess. I am also unsure whether support at my company would be willing to go through this process just for the sake of the minority who use EIS. They have been recommending other products that play along i.e. Trend Micro. Cheers.

• Administrators

You can temporarily disable program updates in the advanced update setup (Program component update -> Application updates). I'll try to reach out to their support and ask when they plan to add recognition of v13 in their VPN software.

Update: Unfortunately PulseSecure requires login to their support portal, hence I could not contact them.

Thanks for that. Really appreciate the help. The "Program component update -> Application updates" was really well hidden, but eventually found it.

Yeah, Pulse Secure don't make things easy.

Thanks again for all the help!

Edited by kellyz

• Most Valued Members
46 minutes ago, kellyz said:

Thanks for that. Really appreciate the help. The "Program component update -> Application updates" was really well hidden, but eventually found it.

Yeah, Pulse Secure don't make things easy.

Thanks again for all the help!

If you have an account possibly try and email them - not used or heard of pulse but if you request support they may look into it