antivirus removed my files by mistake

veronikas

• Administrators

Please clarify what files you mean. No antivirus removes benign files unless it has a false positive. What were the files and what threat was detected on them?

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, veronikas said:

how can I recover them? I have OS Windows10 

Have you looked in the tools area to see if it is in quarantine. However if it was the AV that quarantined a specific file there might be a reason and you would be best to submit it.

You said files in the title so are we talking about multiple files? Are the files there but inaccessible? Ths could be a sign of ransomware

• Administrators

The article is about restoring files in case they were incorrectly evaluated as threats, ie. false positives. Some AVs generate more FPs than the others. ESET is known to have very few positives compared to many other AVs and you can also restore a file from quarantine if confirmed as FP by an ESET analyst.

• Most Valued Members
5 hours ago, veronikas said:

https://hetmanrecovery.com/recovery_news/how-to-return-files-deleted-by-avg-by-antivirus.htm

I realy dont understand so much in this. but what do u think about this article?

its not about this antivirus because I didnt find about eset

Have you looked into your quarantine? What has happened that makes you suspect eset has deleted some of your files, and what files has it deleted e.g. just one, a bunch etc. If you open eset and go to tools and then more tools and open quarantine is there anything inside?