Network Wizard Aggravation

To begin, I like that the Network Wizard alerts of blocked activity. What I do not like is when I create a specific firewall rule to block that activity and the Network Wizard keeps alerting me of the same blocked activity. 

My opinion is if a user rule exists to block something that rule should override any Network Wizard detection of the same activity. For example if I create a rule to block inbound port 1900 UPnP activity after Network Wizard initial detection, I should not have the Network Wizard recording that this blocked rule has been triggered. It is my understanding that the Network Wizard only triggers when no existing firewall rule exists?

-EDIT- Maybe this is the problem. I changed a previous Network Wizard allow created rule from block status. Is it possible the Network Wizard knows what rules it has created and will always monitor those regardless of block/allow status?

Edited by itman

• Administrators

The firewall troubleshooting wizard was made for the purpose of showing all blocked communications, especially those blicked by user rules. Without that, incorrectly created user rules blocking desired communication could not be identified which would defeat the primary purpose of the wizard.

1 minute ago, Marcos said:

The firewall troubleshooting wizard was made for the purpose of showing all blocked communications, especially those blicked by user rules. Without that, incorrectly created user rules blocking desired communication could not be identified which would defeat the primary purpose of the wizard.

Sorry but I don't buy this. The user should always have absolute control. Is there anyway to disable Network Wizard?

A few other details on what the specific issue is in regards to Eset issues with UPnP.

To begin, I use the Public profile.

There are no issues with UPnP when I cold boot or restart the PC. No Network Wizard detections about blocked UPnP traffic. Since the Public profile is in use, Eset appears to silently block any incoming UPnP or something on this order.

The issues with UPnP manifest when return from Win 10 sleep mode occurs. The Eset firewall goes spastic at this point is the best way to describe it. I get constant incoming UPnP blocks from the other Ethernet devices on my network. I don't know if the issue is Win 10 or Eset. In any case, the firewall should have the capability to follow users block rules w/o constant Network Wizard recording of this blocked activity.

Edited by itman