Agent not showing up in ESMC Portal

Dear reader,

We're currently setting up our new ESMC VA and have setup all the internal clients.

Now I've deployed the Agent on an external cliënt trough USB and connected it to the ESMC proxy that's built into the Appliance. 

Can someone tell me why it's not showing up in the portal?

I'm currently an IT student, so I might be missing something that's obvious to someone else.

Can someone tell me why it's not showing up?

Edited by Maarten

• Administrators

Let's start off with checking C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html and trace.log. Are there any obvious errors logged?

Yes there are some errors, although the same problem doesn't occur when I'm connecting the Eset Security Software trough the Proxy I've setup. It connects to the server just fine, but the agent doesn't. 

The error:

era.common.services.authentication.rpceenrollmentrequest on connection: host: "OUR HOST" port: 2222 with proxy set as: Proxy: Connection : 3128, credentials: name: , Password *****, Enabled 0,EnabledFallback:1, failed with error code: 2, error message: Failed to create subchannel, and error details:

• Administrators

I'd suggest raising a support ticket with customer care and providing them with status.html and trace.log for a start. Beforehand, temporarily enable trace logging for agent by creating a dummy file traceall (without an extension) in the C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs folder and restart the agent service. After a short while, stop the service and delete the file traceall.