is Teamviewer Secure? on my server.

deanpepler

hello everyone of ESET Forum :)

i have a Counter strike Cloud server in johannesburg > hxxp://www.gametracker.com/server_info/102.130.113.177:27015  the cloud account is secured by 2FA and the Teamviewer is secured 100% properly i read on google that having VPN Driver installed can compromise a pc's security... i have a secure password on my Teamviewer in the cloud. is it a good idea to use Teamviewer to access windows server 2019? the only ports opened on the server is 27015 TCP/UDP.

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, deanpepler said:

hello everyone of ESET Forum :)

i have a Counter strike Cloud server in johannesburg > hxxp://www.gametracker.com/server_info/102.130.113.177:27015  the cloud account is secured by 2FA and the Teamviewer is secured 100% properly i read on google that having VPN Driver installed can compromise a pc's security... i have a secure password on my Teamviewer in the cloud. is it a good idea to use Teamviewer to access windows server 2019? the only ports opened on the server is 27015 TCP/UDP.

I do use teamviewer on my home pc. Do you have Teamviewer protected with 2fa or just the server? If not I would recommend also securing Teamviewer itself with 2fa and also make sure your password is different and unique.

I remember a few years ago there where people complaining about their Teamviewer accounts being hacked but it turned out another site had been hacked and its users login details revealed. A lot didn't have 2FA enabled and had reused the password.

Maybe @itman might have some tips. Not sure if some of the tips for RDP are any good for other remote access tools

Teamviewer is automatically protected by 2Factor Authentication. when i log into my Teamviewer account it asks for permission to allow device. so i am safe? the email account is protected by 2FA

Edited by deanpepler

• Most Valued Members
5 hours ago, deanpepler said:

Teamviewer is automatically protected by 2Factor Authentication. when i log into my Teamviewer account it asks for permission to allow device. so i am safe? the email account is protected by 2FA

Check the link above which will give some tips

• 1 month later...
  • Most Valued Members
10 hours ago, aowuodih12 said:

Just as an FYI for anyone who comes across this and is looking for it, they changed the name to ConnectWise

Sorry but connectwise and teamviewer are completely separate programs.

@Marcosnot sure it this is possible spam. Apologises if I'm wrong just a new account with this as their first post and seemingly mentioning a program not to do with this topic

• Most Valued Members
On 1/16/2020 at 3:37 PM, aowuodih12 said:

Just as an FYI for anyone who comes across this and is looking for it, they changed snaptube telegram web  the name to ConnectWise

@Marcossorry to bother you again but as suspected it is a spam account. Seems accounts are occasionally being set up often posting stuff that doesn't go with the post and later editing that post to include links possibly edited later in the hopes no one notices