Jump to content
Peter Randziak

ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Linux 7 BETA signup

Recommended Posts

Dear Linux community,

 

We’ve been working on the new generation of our solution for Linux desktops for quite a while.

The hard work of our development & QA teams, using technologies developed for the ESET File Security for Linux 7, were materialized into the first BETA version of our Endpoint product, which we would like to share with you.

To mention just few of the top new features:

  • Completely new distributed architecture, natively 64-bit, with better performance, security and stability
  • New technology for On-access scanning by means of ESET-in-house-developed lightweight kernel module  
  • Optimized for multi-core performance 
  • Compatible with latest ESET Security Management Center 7.1

 

If you are interested in getting a chance of a hands-on experience with it and see the full list of improvements, just leave a comment here or send me ( @Peter Randziak) and @TomasP a private message.

 

We are looking forward to your participation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the moment we are running version 7.0.1152.0-1. Is this an update? I would like to try it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello marco1958,

This is a beta for ESET Endpoint Antivirus, i.e. a product for desktop environments. The version you are referring to is probably ESET File Security, i.e. a server product.

We just posted the information in this "Linux Servers" forum section as well, because many Linux admins running ESET File Security may be interested in ESET Endpoint Antivirus as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @marco1958,

7.0.1152.0 is a version for file servers, this is a BETA of a product to protect Linux desktops i.e. systems on which the users work...

I will send you a private message in few moments with details.

Regards, Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the difference, from anti-virus/malware/... viewpoint, between a file server, with multiple clients accessing files via NFS/SMB/... and a workstation with a single user accessing local files and network resources? Is there a difference in attack vectors? In prevention, detection, ... I think every write should be processed. After virus updates, the reads should be monitored?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2019 at 2:34 PM, Peter Randziak said:

Dear Linux community,

 

We’ve been working on the new generation of our solution for Linux desktops for quite a while.

The hard work of our development & QA teams, using technologies developed for the ESET File Security for Linux 7, were materialized into the first BETA version of our Endpoint product, which we would like to share with you.

To mention just few of the top new features:

  • Completely new distributed architecture, natively 64-bit, with better performance, security and stability
  • New technology for On-access scanning by means of ESET-in-house-developed lightweight kernel module  
  • Optimized for multi-core performance 
  • Compatible with latest ESET Security Management Center 7.1

 

If you are interested in getting a chance of a hands-on experience with it and see the full list of improvements, just leave a comment here or send me ( @Peter Randziak) and @TomasP a private message.

 

We are looking forward to your participation.

Does that include the Desktop Version (non endpoint)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

@marco1958 on Desktops / Terminal servers the users running the applications, on the file servers they do not.

The Desktop needs a notifications so the user knows why a file (malicious one) suddenly disappeared 🙂 

Yes monitoring of the R/W operations is crucial for protection and is handled by the on-access scanner.

 

@Rami this version is intended for business users mostly with ESMC management console, as the product does not have GUI, only notification manager, but one may commands to work with it...

Peter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Peter Randziak said:

Hello,

@marco1958 on Desktops / Terminal servers the users running the applications, on the file servers they do not.

The Desktop needs a notifications so the user knows why a file (malicious one) suddenly disappeared 🙂 

Yes monitoring of the R/W operations is crucial for protection and is handled by the on-access scanner.

 

@Rami this version is intended for business users mostly with ESMC management console, as the product does not have GUI, only notification manager, but one may commands to work with it...

Peter 

I understand , I might use it with our endpoint license , even though it's intended for terminal , but it's better than having the v4 , but I will wait for the stable version , because it's a production computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Rami said:

I understand , I might use it with our endpoint license , even though it's intended for terminal , but it's better than having the v4 , but I will wait for the stable version , because it's a production computer.

I can provide you with a NFR license for testing.

We do not expect much issues, but I understand that you consider it as a risk for a production environment, but you may first try in a VM, later in production of you want to.

Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...