MS prompts frequently when using interactive mode

I prefer to use the interactive mode so I know more of what's going on with my small network at home. However, it seems weekly that some MS item is always asking for access/approval that I've given the ok to before. IE: phone, photo...these sorts of things from Microsoft. Is there something I'm overlooking. Other things I've set seem to be fine and not continuing to ask/request.

Currently on the latest version but this has been going no since about v12.

Then they must update about once a week or every two. This are Microsoft Windows applications doing this. Parts of the OS, Win10.

Edited by SBMongoos

Every time Win 10 updates one of its Store or packaged apps, the name for the app changes. As such and if using Eset firewall Interactive mode, a new rule needs to be created for the new app.

Interestingly, the Win 10 firewall will auto create new rules for these apps and delete the old existing rule.

• Most Valued Members
30 minutes ago, itman said:

Interestingly, the Win 10 firewall will auto create new rules for these apps and delete the old existing rule.

Would there be an easy way for eset to do this?

16 hours ago, peteyt said:

Would there be an easy way for eset to do this?

They probably could. The question is if they should do it?

The whole purpose of Interactive mode is to be alerted to when a new app requests outbound network access. If one starts creating exceptions for Win Store and packaged apps, you are opening a possible threat vector. You really can't have it "both ways" on this.

Overall it is best to use Automatic mode and then create manual outbound rules for processes that can be misused by malware such as the script executables.

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, itman said:

They probably could. The question is if they should do it?

The whole purpose of Interactive mode is to be alerted to when a new app requests outbound network access. If one starts creating exceptions for Win Store and packaged apps, you are opening a possible threat vector. You really can't have it "both ways" on this.

Overall it is best to use Automatic mode and then create manual outbound rules for processes that can be misused by malware such as the script executables.

Unless it was just an option so that users could decide?