Windows version 1903 - Registration to Windows Security Center was not successful

pps

Hello,

This morning all clients that upgraded to Windows 1903 get this warning:

**/**/2019 **:**:** ** - During execution of

%SCANNER% - Module concerned

Kernel on the computer **********, from User: (SYSTEM) the following event occurred:

Registration to Windows Security Center was not successful - Description of a non virus event

Action taken - %ACTION%

In ESMC console there is no such indications.

a. Which is correct the warning or the ESMC console?

b.Is this warning some issue between windows version 1903 and endpoint 7.1.2053.0 and 7.2.2055.0?

Thanks,

Peter

image.png.45e70bdfb56a2d12f14def08af992ed9.png

that's correct

5 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I assume the message should have been logged in the ESET Event log. Wasn't it?

image.png

• Administrators

You can try to uninstall Endpoint and reinstall it so that it re-registers to WSC. Failing this, enable advanced kernel logging under tools -> diagnostics, reboot the machine, disable logging and collect logs with ESET Log Collector. I'd suggest opening a support ticket and providing customer care with ELC logs. However, in cases we've come across the issue was usually with the operating system when a Windows API function returned "DISK_OPERATION_FAILED".

As a test, reboot one of the clients and see if the Win Security Center Eset event log registration error entry is generated again.

I have received this log entry sporadically and in most instances, it disappeared after a reboot.

Edited by itman

Hello,

I have not receive this error again on this pc after restart.

Is it safe to assume that this error has resolved before the restart or after the restart?

however it could be very handful If the resolution of this error is mentioned in the event log file.

Thanks,

Peter