Unable to upgrade ESET agent to Version

We have ESMC working on version 7.1.717.0. I am trying to upgrade all my agents(7.0.577.0) and security products (7.0.2096.0) to agent 7.1.717.0  and security product to 7.2.2055.0 through update module task. Unfortunately, the task completes successfully but on the target machine, the agent and security product stays on the same version. I believe that module upgrade task is not working any more. Can you recommend best method to upgrade agent from 7.0.577.0 to 7.1.717.0 and security/file security product in bulk of machines in effective way. 

• ESET Staff

Actually you have to use different tasks to upgrade applications:

• Components upgrade task is required to upgrade ESMC Agents
  • Software installation task is required for upgrade of other ESET applications

Hi MartinK, 

I used Components upgrade task - Module Update in order to upgrade Agent which is not upgrading ESET agent. i dont see any relevant task under Component Upgrade task which will upgrade Agent only. Can you be more clear please. 

Regards,

Fazal

• ESET Staff

You have stated, that you have performed "module update" task. This task is however used only to update the protection modules on the protection software, not the software version itself.

The task we are discussing, that you need to execute, is the Security Management Center Components Upgrade 

You need to target it on the machines where you want the agent to be update, and you need to specify a referenced server version, which in this case needs to be set to your 7.1 build.