O&O Syspectr reporting 2 installs of NOD32 installed

pcguy

I have 3 computers at a location. All three are Windows10 1903 that are 4 months old. I use O&O Software Syspectr to monitor these computers. However Syspectr is reporting that there are 2 installations of "ESET Security is active and up-to-date ". If i remote into the computer and use the Windows uninstall of NOD32 Antivirus off this computer then one of these entries in Syspectr disappears.

Syspectr support simply tells me " We take this to heart, but have to stress again that we only read the information from windows. " and " We use the Windows API only"  to determine what software is installed and that I should contact Eset. My question is why is Syspectr reporting 2 installations of Eset Antivirus on all three machines. They are all at 13.0.22.0.

I asked them whether they check the Windows Registry or directories on the hard drive and all I got back was " No, we use the Windows API only. Contact ESET for further support with this issue please. "

• Administrators

They can get information about the product name from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info\ProductName and ProductVersion. I recall it's also possible to query WMI.

I can remote in again to one of these machines perhaps later tonight when they are not in use and check the key. I had already looked at the registry for anything glaringly wrong but could not spot anything. This was after O&O could not provide me any further information where they were seeing these duplicate NOD32 entries.

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

They can get information about the product name from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info\ProductName and ProductVersion. I recall it's also possible to query WMI.

Well I looked at that key on one of the problem machines and Product Name is "ESET NOD32 Antivirus" and ProductVersion is " 13.0.22.0". For some reason Syspectr reports two entries like  

47ed86f4fff0f4641c9ee9768a6aaf67.png ESET Security is active and up-to-date

I thought of doing that too however I would probably want to do that when I am physically there as the warning for the tool indicates it can screw up the network settings. Something I do not need to happen if I am remoting into the computer. Well thanks for the help.  Will have to try the uninstall the next time I am onsite.

I discovered what the issue was. In fact the issue showed up on this computer as well. I noticed that when I did a WMI query on root/SecurityCenter2  for Classaname AntivirusProduct  I got the following result

O&O Nod32 Issue WMI Query.jpg

I had to issue the following commands

sc config winmgmt start= disabled
net stop winmgmt
Winmgmt /salvagerepository %windir%\System32\wbem
Winmgmt /resetrepository %windir%\System32\wbem
sc config winmgmt start= auto

Once that was done then O&O showed only one instance of Eset installed

Edited by pcguy

It seems that NOD32 Antivirus is creating these duplicate entries at least on Windows10 machines. I did a query on a system here that had upgraded in place to the current 13.0.22.0 and it too had the above two entries in WMI in AntivirusProduct Class and it did not have the O&O product installed.

• 11 months later...

Looks like I will have to issue the above series of commands on a bunch of Windows10 computers using NOD32 and O&O Syspectr as they are showing the same error multiple antivirus applications installed.