sabrina_germ

Automatically upgrade to 12.2.30.0 OR uninstall the old version and install manually on 12.1.34.0 ?

Hi,
I use Win 7 pro 64 and ESET Smart Security 9.0.429.2. Everything has been perfect for years.

In the past, ESET upgraded automatically to version 10.x and there were massive problems. That's why I'm back on the o.g. Version 9.x.
Now ESET offers the automatic upgrade to 12.2.30.0.
As 12.x version here ESET Internet Security version 12.1.34.0 offered https://support.eset.com/kb2885/?locale=en_US&viewlocale=de_DE.

What do you think, what will work more smoothly:
automatically upgrade to 12.2.30.0 OR uninstall the old version and then manually install 12.1.34.0?

Many thanks for your help!
Greetings, Sabrina

The latest version is 13.0.22 which would be installed if you ran the ESET Live installer. Automatic update to this version has been delayed for German language due to the PCU to v12.2.30 addressing a language issue connected with upgrade.

Thank you, but I believe that I have understanding problems. You would help me a lot if I knew what to do in practice. So that it will run safely and no problems will occur. Thank you very much!

Edited by sabrina_germ

13 minutes ago, sabrina_germ said:

Thank you, but I believe that I have understanding problems. You would help me a lot if I knew what to do in practice. So that it will run safely and no problems will occur. Thank you very much!

I'd recommend downloading the live installer for the latest. I see you had problems with a previous version. Version 13 seems stable but if you have any issues you can report them. Problem is by downgrading it avoids the problem being fixed. Newer versions also often have better improvements and newer technologies