Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mhorbul

ESET Server Upgrade from 6.5 to 7.0 failed due to DB_INVALID

Recommended Posts

 

I have created a "Remote Components Upgrade" task as described here

The agent on the target host gets updated, but the server upgrade has failed. I have found the following error in the  /var/log/eset/RemoteAdministrator/EraServerInstaller.log

2019-11-07 21:54:21 Error: It is not possible to deploy the database, status of the database is: DB_INVALID
2019-11-07 21:54:21 Information: DbCheckConnection: Set output property: P_DB_CONNECTION_STATUS = 77701
2019-11-07 21:54:21 Information: DbCheckConnection: Return code: 0
2019-11-07 21:54:21 Information: Installer: The specified database was not used for this purpose before or it is corrupted.
2019-11-07 21:54:21 Information: Installer: Error: The specified database was not used for this purpose before or it is corrupted.

I have tried to remove database (backed it up previously), then upgrade process creates the empty database but also fails with another message 

Error: Cannot upgrade, database 'era_db' is missing

Any idea how to fix this problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @mhorbul What was the DB in use before the upgrade? It might be related to the usage of MariaDB, or other unsupported DB type. Only MySQL DB is supported on Linux. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are using Percona MySQL Server. I have upgraded it by tracing down each error manually and applying necessary .sql files. I upgrade so far ESET to 7.x and it works fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately provided log is probably not from first failed attempt -> in indicates database was in "corrupted" state before upgrade attempt started.

My best guess is that initial upgrade attempt failed and left database in such state. This is probable especially in case older ERA version (possibly 6.4 or older) was upgrade as there were issue with DB corruption in case upgrade process was interrupted. We have seen that upgrade might take minutes (hours in extreme cases) and administrator were often interrupting this process which resulted in inconsistent state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...