Email notification to the user Mail Security

Hi There,

If an email is quarantined in ESET Mail Security, can that particular user will be notified in email notification. The reason for asking is, user should have information that his/her email has been deleted/quarantine and if they wish they can ask for release of that email.  

Windows Server: Windows server 2012

ESET Mail Security: ESET Mail Security

• Administrators

I don't think this is possible since it would be a bad idea to notify spammers about undelivered spam to existing actual email addresses.

Hi marcos,

Thank for the reply.

I’m taking about the actual user not spammer.

For example, if user A email gets into quarantine or email is blocked in Mail Security, is it possible to notify user A.

Hi Marcos/ESET,

I have email in Mail quarantine in Mail security for exchange. I want to add email notification to recipients that their email is in quarantine, so that if they wish they can release the email. Please let me know is this possible.

Thanks.

Hello Shafiq,

If you mean notifying the recipient, then it is possible as far as I know..
You can create a quarantine report task, which will inform the users that they have quarantined emails..
it's also possible to activate a quarantine web console, which allow the end users to view a list of currently quarantined items, they can only release spam emails, other emails which has been blocked per rule will need an admin to be released
check the link here:
https://help.eset.com/emsx/7.0/en-US/idh_scheduler_task_qreports.html

hope it helps.