Tally problem on Windows XP when ESET installed

aaa_ash12

Hi,

One of our ESET client facing issue in Tally after ESET smart security installation.

Client uses Windows XP and works on Tally ERP. When ESET installed on the workstation Tally application throws an error i.e. Attempting to open "D:\Tally.ERP9\Data\10001\TSTATE.TSF" 
      Error code: 32

Tally works fine when we remove eset antivirus from the workstation.

I am attaching one screenshot of the error for more reference...

Looking for expert advise on this issue.. thanks in advance..

post-3033-0-27364100-1395730373_thumb.jpg

Edited by aaa_ash12

Hello,

Does adding D:\Tally.ERP9\Data\10001\TSTATE.TSF to the list of exclusions assist in launching your application?

Advance (F5 from the main GUI) Computer > Antivirus and antispyware > Exclusions

I would entertain adding the directory " D:\Tally.ERP9 "

Edited by Arakasi

No, i have added D:\Tally.ERP9 in the exclusions but still user facing same issue.

Kindly revert... I have collected required logs of the computer. 

Edited by aaa_ash12

Does disabling firewall make the error go away ?

Does disabling HIPS followed by a restart allow the application(s), to run ?

We need to find the cause or module behind the disruption first.

Hold on to the logs for the moment as those will be sent VIA PM only to ESET Staff only. Ensure you have Sysinspector created, as well as Firewall logs.

• Administrators

Apparently there is NOD32 Antivirus installed so there is no firewall.

Does temporarily disabling real-time protection help? If not, what about disabling web protection or http filtering (in the advanced setup)? Should the problem persist, try renaming C:\Windows\System32\drivers\eamon.sys and ehdrv.sys in safe mode, one at a time, to narrow it down.

@Arakasi, Marcos - thanks for reverting..

Disabling firewall and HIPS didn't gave any result.  

I haven't tried for disabling web protection in advanced setup bcoz Tally is not web based application..

Our another client using ESET Smart Security and facing same issue..

I will try to rename C:\Windows\System32\drivers\eamon.sys and ehdrv.sys in safe mode and will update you the status..

Edited by aaa_ash12

Hi,

Due to financial year ending i am unable to check as suggested by Mr. Marcos. I will check by modifying both files and let you know...

Regards

Ashish 

Edited by aaa_ash12

• Administrators

This is a known issue caused by how the Tally accounting software works. The issue doesn't occur on Windows Vista and higher. In the future, please contact ESET via the official channel for ESET partners to get a timely response.

I am having the same problem. Got Nod32 latest version installed and receiving this error when splitting the company using Tally.

• Administrators

I am having the same problem. Got Nod32 latest version installed and receiving this error when splitting the company using Tally.

Unfortunately, this cannot be solved on Windows XP without changing the way Tally software works with files.

Unfortunately, this cannot be solved on Windows XP without changing the way Tally software works with files.

To add with, it worked when I restarted in safe mode (AV does not load there) Is required to be done once at the end of financial year, so its not a major problem to be dealt with IMO.

To add with, it worked when I restarted in safe mode (AV does not load there) Is required to be done once at the end of financial year, so its not a major problem to be dealt with IMO.

Safe mode with networking :)

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I am also facing same problem. I am using Nod32 Server version on Windows 2008R2 & Tally Multi user.   Is any proper solution found for this issue, as I am getting this error almost 8-10 times in a day & tally is shut down abruptly.  

Ravi

• Administrators

I am also facing same problem. I am using Nod32 Server version on Windows 2008R2 & Tally Multi user.   Is any proper solution found for this issue, as I am getting this error almost 8-10 times in a day & tally is shut down abruptly.  

Do you have ESET File Security v6 installed on the server? Disabling which of the protection modules help?