ESET Endpoint License used for internet Security and VM

HI Peeps,

1. Can I use an endpoint license to activate internet security or smart security etc.

2. If i run Windows Server 2016/19, can i use one endpoint license for the server and 2 VM's or does each VM also need a license?

Thanks

• Administrators

1, I recall it's possible. Do you have a license only for a couple of machines that don't need to be managed centrally? How many?

2, On Windows servers you should install ESET File Security (or ESET Mail Security on a MS Exchange mail server). Endpoint is not intended for servers; it was not tested on servers and installation on servers is not in concordance with EULA either. We sell packs that also include licenses for a specific number of servers, depending on the number of seats covered by the license. Please contact your local distributor or authorized ESET's reseller for more information.

Thanks for the quick reply..

1. Ok so lets say i have 40 Endpoint licenses but 3 people would rather like to install Smart Security on their laptops . Can I use 3 of the 40 licenses to activate Smart Security with the same key in stead?

2. What License would i need to cover one DC Server and 2 x VM's on the same server? Exchange is cloud based so no problem.