Do I have to install Win 10

I am an old subscriber who let my subscription lapse. I want to purchase again and am hoping that the eset program will offer the security that I need without upgrading to win 10. Any thoughts?

Merry

• Administrators

It is not possible to achieve the same level of security in older operating systems just by installing a security software. It's important to use a fully supported operating system with all security features it offers and keep it as well as the security software always up to date.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

You may also find the following ESET Knowledgebase Articles of use/interest:

•  ESET KB #73, What operating systems are ESET products compatible with? (Home Users)
•  ESET KB #7292, Microsoft Windows Support Policy and ESET products

However, as my colleague Marcos noted, it is best to use the most recent version of your operating system as possible, as that is the one which is going to be most up-to-date in terms of security features and fixes.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Administrators

Windows 7 SP1 is still supported. Moreover, we still provide v9 that supports Windows XP already abandoned by many other AV vendors and we continue to release updates for it. However, that doesn't mean that Windows XP is equally secure as modern systems regardless of what security software is installed there.

• Administrators

• Administrators

I would suggest raising a support ticket with your local customer care and providing them with logs collected with ESET Log Collector for a start. You can also upload the archive here; only ESET staff has access to attachments.

Assuming you're running Win 7 Pro+ versions, extended support will available after 2/2020. However, it is not cheap: https://www.petri.com/microsofts-windows-7-extended-support-pricing-announced

From an economic view, you would be better "biting the bullet" and upgrading to Win 10 Pro. The Win 10 Enterprise versions are a different story since they are only offered via subscription method.

18 minutes ago, BeanSlappers said:

Windows 7 won't have any support from Microsoft after January next year, so you might have to upgrade to windows 10 anyway.  If you do there are tools out there that will help with stopping Microsoft from spying, like shutup from 0&0, I personally use that too, plus since I have the pro edition of windows 10 I do set some restrictions in there too.

And you damn well know it's full of spyware an unnecessary ads and stuff. not gonna do it.

3 hours ago, itman said:

Assuming you're running Win 7 Pro+ versions, extended support will available after 2/2020. However, it is not cheap: https://www.petri.com/microsofts-windows-7-extended-support-pricing-announced

From an economic view, you would be better "biting the bullet" and upgrading to Win 10 Pro. The Win 10 Enterprise versions are a different story since they are only offered via subscription method.

No.

51 minutes ago, andrewmyles22 said:

Great, but until then, how do I install EIS on Windows 7 that has all the updates and whatnot?

Refer to @Marcos previous above reply.

• Most Valued Members
16 hours ago, andrewmyles22 said:

And you damn well know it's full of spyware an unnecessary ads and stuff. not gonna do it.

I get the spyware side but don't think i have came across any adverts myself