Difference between local status and remote status

Servus Community,

I have a Mac OSX client that SMC says hasn't reported to the server in two weeks, but the user is in the house every day and the status log on his local machine says that everything is fine. How can I fix this?

Thx & Bye Tom

eset_smc_status.png

eset_status_log.png

• ESET Staff

Was the machine recently rebooted? As the number of replications is relatively low.

If you could eliminate network connectivity issues, and change in HW / replication to a new entry in the ESMC server, I would attempt to reinstall the agent. This will generate a new computer entry in ESMC, but you will be able to verify whether the machine is correctly connecting. 

• ESET Staff

I would recommend to start checking whether issue still persists, as only 7 successful replication since last start of agent, which was almost 7 hours before is suspicious -> it might indicate AGENT was indeed not connecting for longer time, or that you have extremely long interval for connections. Also last successful replication is "out of order" and in that case last connection date is not updated on ESMC (as only high severity logs are sent to ESMC and no download of changes is performed) and this might mask another issues, possibly blocking device to connect normally.

Also I would check console for possible duplicate of this device, especially in case cloning of devices is used or there has been some HW changes.

Also there might be some relevant errors in ESMC's trace log indicating that something is wrong.

On 10/22/2019 at 10:09 AM, MichalJ said:

[...]I would attempt to reinstall the agent. This will generate a new computer entry in ESMC, but you will be able to verify whether the machine is correctly connecting. 

I reinstalled the agent and deleted the resulting duplicate from the ESMC. The client is now in the remote console with the current status and a final update of the agent went through without problems. I continue to monitor the client to see if the status is now automatically updated.

Thx for your attention & Bye Tom