Change of IP address or hostname on EEI server

We have tried to change the ip address of an EEI Server, but at the moment of completing the proccess from the Windows Server 2016, it is not successful. We can´t access to the console and  we can only regain access if we go back the process.

¿is there any defined proccess to change the IP from an EEI Server?

I would suggest contacting the ESET support rep who assisted with the EEI deployment. You cannot simply change your IP address on an EEI server and hope for it to work without a lot of reconfiguring. A lot goes into setting up an EEI infrastructure.

Robbie // The Bald Nerd

I was the one who installed it and I am part of one of the distributors. In this case I consult it by this means because although we have asked, locally there is not much information or experience on this product and the documentation does not touch this subject. If there is any information you can give me about it, I would appreciate a lot

Oh, I see. So you issued your own trial or something and attempted a deploy without installation support services? I'd highly suggest that you consult ESET Support for EEI. It is not intended to be self-installed. That is why when selling it, you must include ESET installation support services and priority support in the sale. Speak with your regional sales manager for more info.

Robbie // The Bald Nerd

I think the information has not been clear, I am the regional support of my country but the documentation is not enough. If there is someone who has information on the procedure I would appreciate it.

Regards

8 minutes ago, Tatiana said:

I think the information has not been clear, I am the regional support of my country but the documentation is not enough. If there is someone who has information on the procedure I would appreciate it.

Don't you have direct contact info to Eset headquarters tech support in Slovakia? 

• ESET Staff

Tatiana, I'm trying to reproduce your issue, can you tell me more? I assume that you changed machine IP in network adapter settings and maybe restarted this machine. That's all you changed?

How are you trying to connect with console? I tried similar scenario and connecting by new IP address or https://localhost works (if it worked from the start, it needs to be set during installation). I checked it on chrome and firefox, certificates could be handled differently between those.

Do you remember what host did you set during the original installation of EEI Server? If you used GUI installer, you probably created it in the installer on those pages: https://help.eset.com/eei/1.3/en-US/?get_the_certificate_from_esmc.html. By default it is machine name, "localhost" and machine IP.