Uninstall Eset when it doesn't appear in programs

Lightning

I have other virus programs that have issue with Eset virus Free program.  I need to uninstall Eset virus program, but it doesn't show up in control panel programs, or setting  apps to be removed. ( I have Windows 10 )   The program is NOD32 Antivirus & Cyber-Security but comes up as Eset

I can do Eset computer scan, & it works fine, but has sometimes had a message error saying it didn't load correctly.

Hope you can help me.

Edited by Lightning

There is no "free" Eset product to start with.

There are Eset products named NOD32 and Eset Cyber Security - for Mac's only. There is no Eset product name NOD32 Anti-Virus & Cyber Security.

@Lightning As @itman pointed out, there's no such thing as what you're explaining  :) That said, if you indeed have an ESET product installed and need to remove it but cannot go about removing it by traditional means, you may use the ESET Uninstaller tool: https://download.eset.com/com/eset/tools/installers/eset_apps_remover/latest/esetuninstaller.exe

Documentation is here, if you need it: https://support.eset.com/kb2289/#Windows10

Robbie // The Bald Nerd

Thanks for reply. When I got home I fired up my windows 10  Eset had a pop-up in lower right bottom saying an error  had happened at loading. The attached screen is what I have on my screen. It has cleaned up files before several times.

I open this program by clicking windows icon on task bar & program list comes up & I choose ESET Security & this opens. When starting computer it normally doesn't have a loading error. If itman is correct that mac program works on windows too.

I got this computer  from an estate sale, & it is loaded. 

eset NOD32 Antivirus.png

Thanks BaldNerd for your input. I checked out the links you sent & they look promising, but above my compute ability comfort zone, so i will take your info to a computer repair guy to try your suggestion. Attached is eset  error message & AVG report

Lightning

ESET NOD32 Antivirus not loading.png

• ESET Insiders

It seems that your issues stem from you having two anti-virus installed, AVG and Eset. You need to uninstall one or the other in order to avoid conflict.

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Lightning said:

Thanks BaldNerd for your input. I checked out the links you sent & they look promising, but above my compute ability comfort zone, so i will take your info to a computer repair guy to try your suggestion. Attached is eset  error message & AVG report

Lightning

ESET NOD32 Antivirus not loading.png

Yeah as someone has mentioned - running two AVs is always risky as both will be trying to do stuff - this is especially risky if both are realtime AVs - some users have extra non realtime avs e.g. you need to load and run a scan manually but it looks like both of yours are real time so will be conflicting. 

Also you mentioned the mac version - this will not work on windows - the one you have installed is eset nod32 which is esets antivirus - eset also has internet security which includes firewall and other stuff and then a premium version which has a password manager and encryption tool.

I noticed you mentioned eset free - the only thing I can think of is you are running a trial - it's a while since I have ran a trial of eset but I believe it is 30 days. There is no free version, just the 30 day trial.

As for AVG, I used to use it years back, but over the years found it started to come with a lot of extra stuff and try to get you to buy their other programs. It is now also owned by Avast. 

A few clarifications needed.

First, multiple AV/anti-malware solutions can be installed. However only one should have its real-time protection enabled to avoid conflicts. The other solutions should have their real-time protection option disabled. Some solutions will run just fine in this status. Others might constantly complain via internal status display or alerting about their real-time protection being disabled.

The interesting point posted is AVG's detection of an Eset protection module. Granted it was a "suspicious" detection but I would assume AVG is capable of detecting known safe processes/dll's. So let's get back to the original posting where you stated you installed a free version of NOD32. Do you mean that you installed it in trial license mode? Did you download NOD32 installer from the official Eset web site?

Finally, to avoid conflicts with multiple AV solutions installed, the main engine component of each should be excluded from the other solution. For example in AVG, ekrn.exe needs to be excluded from AVG's real-time scanning, behavior monitoring component, web access protection component, etc.. Likewise in Eset, the above AVG protection components need to be excluded from Eset's real-time scanning, HIPS, and Web Access protection components.

Bottom line and again - it is best to only use one AV solution. If others are used, you must disabled all their related real-time and behavioral/HIPS components and only use these solution as on-demand scanners.

Hi Peteyt

I said free incorrectly I got this computer at an estate sale & eset program was on the computer, but I had a paid version of AVG that I like, & when these two programs didn’t play well with each other, I tried to uninstall eset & discovered there wasn’t any way to remove eset. I know what you mean about AVG, but years ago they were the only free virus program, & I feel buying their programs is pay back. BaldNerd has given me some good info, but still I can get help, can you tell me how to disable eset program features?

• 3 weeks later...

Uninstall AVG and reboot your system. I personally think keeping two antivirus softwares causes conflicts. It's better to use ESET. I haven't had a good experience with AVG myself. 

Edited by Anastasia21