NOD32 antivirus silent install with license key

Thierry

Hi,

I am IT manager of a school and I must deploy NOD32 Antivirus on 50+ computers. We don't use ERA and don't want to, as we're already using our own deployment tools (namely MDT and PDQ).

So, I would like to be able to provide the license key in my installation command like :

msiexec /qn /i eea_nt64.msi LICENSE_KEY=xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx

But I don't think the possibility exists, or does it ?

And even if I was able to provide a license file (that I'm not able to generate without ERA, right ?), I don't see anywhere a way to provide it in the install command.

Is there a solution outside ERA ?

Thanks in advance,

Thierry

Edited by Thierry

I believe the problem here is your a using NOD32, a consumer product, versus Eset Endpoint, a commercial solution. Whereas Eset Endpoint might support license key entry versus command line option, I don't believe NOD32 has such capability.

-EDIT- Are you referring to NOD32 AV for Business Linux Desktop version? If so, you posted in the wrong forum section.

Edited by itman

Hi, Thanks for your answer.

I guess I've mislaid you with my reference to NOD32, sorry for that. But our licence (I checked) applies well for ESET Endpoint Antivirus + File Security, my mistake.

And indeed, I've been downloading the installer for that product (eea_nt64.msi) (sorry, french page). Hence my question about the unattended install, that I submit again.

- to: EDIT : Funny that you mention the linux version. No, we are nearly 100% Microsoft here, apart from some of our servers and my own machine.

8 hours ago, Thierry said:

So, I would like to be able to provide the license key in my installation command like :

msiexec /qn /i eea_nt64.msi LICENSE_KEY=xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx

This reference: https://help.eset.com/eea/7/en-US/installation_command_line.html is for Eset Endpoint Antivirus ver. 7. Note however that the installer is named ees_nt64_enu.msi; not eea_nt64_enu.msi. The format for command-line installation is:

msiexec /qn /i ees_nt64_enu.msi ACTIVATION_DATA=key:AAAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD-EEEE

I checked your Eset download link and it is indeed eea_nt64_enu.msi, so I am a bit confused. Substitute eea_nt64_enu.msi in the above command as see if that will work.

-EDIT- Here's a link to the French version: https://help.eset.com/eea/7/fr-FR/?installation_command_line.html . In the on-line help, the installer is repeatedly referenced as eea_nt64_enu.msi except in the command-line installation section. Looks like a documentation screw up by Eset to me.

Edited by itman

It works !

Thanks a lot for the info. I never achieved to find it in the doc, but maybe I went looking in the wrong places 🙂

Btw, I've got trouble with another set of parameters, namely language settings. I've added :

PRODUCT_LANG=2060,PRODUCT_LANG_CODE=fr-BE in the msiexec but, the products installs itself in english...

But maybe I should open another topic ?

Thanks again for the valuable help !

Thierry

1 hour ago, Thierry said:

Btw, I've got trouble with another set of parameters, namely language settings. I've added :

PRODUCT_LANG=2060,PRODUCT_LANG_CODE=fr-BE in the msiexec but, the products installs itself in english...

According to both the English and French Eset online help for EEA, the correct codes for French(France) language are:

PRODUCT_LANG=1036

PRODUCT_LANG_CODE=fr-FR

Ref.: https://help.eset.com/eea/7/en-US/supported_languages.html

Thanks Itman !

As I am belgian, I of course picked the values for French(Belgium). Maybe this particular set of parameters isn't supported, I haven't checked.

I'll give it a try for my next rollout.

Thanks again.

Thierry

7 hours ago, Thierry said:

As I am belgian, I of course picked the values for French(Belgium).

Would be interesting to know where you found those language options? Suspect those might only be available via ERA installation.

Well, here you go :

https://help.eset.com/efsw/7.0/en-US/silent_installation.html

There's a link to the different language codes as well. BTW, I tried with the french "fr-FR" language codes, and no luck, the program still installs itself in english, not that I mind that much, though, but I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong.

Maybe my syntax...it looks like a "comma or not comma" kind of thing.

Have a nice day,

Thierry

Edited by Thierry
typo

That link is for installation of Eset File Security product; not Eset Endpoint Antivirus.

I tried with the french "fr-FR" language codes, and no luck, the program still installs itself in english,

Did you code the following on the command line:

PRODUCT_LANG=1036,PRODUCT_LANG_CODE=fr-FR

Did you actually download the EEA .msi installer from the Eset France web site? I suspect that somehow you downloaded the English language .msi installer and it is overriding the above command line language specification. Appears whatever Eset web site you are connected to is serving up the Eset English language version? Contact your local Belgium Eset support on how you can download the French version of Eset. Contract info is here https://www.eset.com/be-nl/over/contact/ . I believe that once a French version of Eset EEA .msi installer is downloaded, there should be no need to specify product language data on the command line.