False Rogue Computer Reporting

ESET Security Management Center (Server), Version 7.0 (7.0.577.0)
ESET Security Management Center (Web Console), Version 7.0 (7.0.429.0)
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit), Version 10.0.17763
Connected Clients: 86
Active Licenses: 1

ESET Security Management Center is reporting 442 Rogue Devices on my domain. There isn't even that many computers, printers or servers on my domain. What can I do to correct this.

Thanks in advance

Just now, BaldNerd said:

Hi @ScottWStewart

Is there any chance you share your WiFi access or otherwise allow people to temporarily connect to your network?

Cheers,
Robbie // The Bald Nerd

we have a customer wifi hotspot that probably has 20-30 customers log-in to it daily, but it is on a different network segment. Also we have 2 Meraki Access Points used by 10 devices. All are locked down and nobody can access unless they have the SSID.

The ESET rogue scanner must be picking up each device that connects. It'd be tough to walk you through here in the forum, so perhaps a call to ESET support would be helpful if you're stumped, but I have a feeling you may have a networking issue if those devices are meant to be entirely separated from your LAN. Key point: those "rogue" devices are indeed devices which ESET Security Management has seen on your network. Personally I'd want to find out why the network is allowing cross-talk like that, since I'd dread the thought of BYOD having any amount of access to the corporate network without admin approval.

Hope you figure it out!!

Robbie // The Bald Nerd

4 minutes ago, BaldNerd said:

The ESET rogue scanner must be picking up each device that connects. It'd be tough to walk you through here in the forum, so perhaps a call to ESET support would be helpful if you're stumped, but I have a feeling you may have a networking issue if those devices are meant to be entirely separated from your LAN. Key point: those "rogue" devices are indeed devices which ESET Security Management has seen on your network. Personally I'd want to find out why the network is allowing cross-talk like that, since I'd dread the thought of BYOD having any amount of access to the corporate network without admin approval.

Hope you figure it out!!

Robbie // The Bald Nerd

Thanks BaldNerd, that's probably what I'll do. Hopefully they can  help me clear this issue up. Have a good weekend!