Address has been blocked pops up every 8 or so minutes

dpcrawley

You're the second person to post about this URL. It could be a false positive from Eset. The IP address points to an Amazon Internet backbone server.

When the alert appears again, click on the on the down arrow pointer "Details." This should show what process is performing the network connection.

Also check Eset's Filtered Websites log. There should be entries there showing the source process.

Submit URL address to Eset via Eset GUI as a suspicious process with verbage duplicate to what you have posted in this thread.

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members

If you have their extension in browser , remove it , it will be solved

There is JavaScript Redirector in that website , I don't know what this link has to do with that VPN

JS.Redirector is a detection used to identify HTML files containing JavaScript that redirects users to malicious web content.

Edited by Rami

1 hour ago, Rami said:

If you have their extension in browser , remove it , it will be solved

Not so sure on that one. As I posted in the other thread on this issue, some were receiving the Eset alert with no desktop initiated processes running. Resolution might require full ExpressVPN removal till they resolve the issue.

A workaround would be to create an Eset firewall rule to block outbound TCP/UDP network traffic from C:\Program Files (x86)\ExpressVPN\xvpnd\xvpnd.exe to IP address, 3.218.219.179 . Note that this rule must be placed above any existing C:\Program Files (x86)\ExpressVPN\xvpnd\xvpnd.exe rules. Also verify the directory ExpressVPN is installed in. On x(64) systems, it may be in C:\Program Files instead.

Alternatively, one could create an entry in Eset's Web Access Protection "List of blocked addresses" for *.7g6njejx.com/* . This method would be more effective if ExpressVPN changed IP address being used.

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, itman said:

Not so sure on that one. As I posted in the other thread on this issue, some were receiving the Eset alert with no desktop initiated processes running. Resolution might require full ExpressVPN removal till they resolve the issue.

A workaround would be to create an Eset firewall rule to block outbound TCP/UDP network traffic from expressVPN.exe to IP address, 3.218.219.179 .

Alternatively, one could create an entry in Eset's Web Access Protection "List of blocked addresses" for *.7g6njejx.com/* . This method would be more effective if ExpressVPN changed IP address being used.

I believe one who use the expressVPN ,  should consider again if to use them or not , after all when one uses VPN he/she should feel more secure while using VPN and not more vulnerable :lol:

Solution: Had several conversations with VPN provider and concluded that I needed to add an exception in NOD32 Antivirus for my VPN .exe  No pop ups since.

Some background: the IP address's that change & are associated with the pop up address, if searched, state that they are associated with Amazon - they in fact are NOT associated, unless my VPN is hosted on an Amazon server!?  ;)

• Most Valued Members
On 10/3/2019 at 1:22 PM, Playya said:

Solution: Had several conversations with VPN provider and concluded that I needed to add an exception in NOD32 Antivirus for my VPN .exe  No pop ups since.

Some background: the IP address's that change & are associated with the pop up address, if searched, state that they are associated with Amazon - they in fact are NOT associated, unless my VPN is hosted on an Amazon server!?  ;)

I'm no expert about VPNS but it may be risky adding the VPN to exception - What many users have found is updating the VPN fixed the issue and if this is the case it is safer than adding it to the exceptions