Eset blocking email it shouldn't [I need advice]

Hi there

I have found it has been putting emails from R. Kelly's website putting them as spam. I had an email from a seller from discogs website who emailed me the invoice to my personal email address in my Outlook 2010, I read it, I didn't understand the invoice then when I went back into my MO2010 the email just wasn't there, I can only presume Eset Smart Security removed the email. I was going to forward the email to Andrew from Servant computers who would have helped me. Since the email disappeared just like that, I never got that record I ordered, I blame Eset Smart Security for that. It does protect my computer but it shouldn't make email disappear.

I want to know has anything like this ever happened to other people before? And what do others think of Eset Smart Security? I have the latest Version.

Edited by TheBillABCTV

What i will do is let Andrew from Servant computer know. That email sent by Mark the discogs seller has disappeared that is the problem. Andrew from Servant computers signed me up to Eset and I renew via him. I don't know much about computers and i wouldn't know how to get back that email, if anyone can it would be Andrew. He and i are in Australia, I will be contacting him tomorrow in our local time.

• Administrators

If ESET's antispam detects a spam email, it moves the email to the email client's spam folder by default. You can specify a custom folder instead of the default spam folder.

If ESET's antispam detects a spam email, it moves the email to the email client's spam folder by default. You can specify a custom folder instead of the default spam folder.

No it didn't go in any spam folder it was removed and I didn't remove it. That is my worry. So if Eset didn't remove it then someone could have been in my email account.

No it didn't go in any spam folder it was removed and I didn't remove it. That is my worry. So if Eset didn't remove it then someone could have been in my email account.

Hello,

It could have been archived due to size.

Or an outlook mail rule moved it elsewhere.

Without forensic examining would be hard to tell if someone was in your email, best thing going forward would be to change your mail password right away. :)

• Administrators

You can check the antispam log to see if the email was evaluated as spam and what action was taken. Was it the only email that got lost or you can reproduce it with other spam emails as well?

You can check the antispam log to see if the email was evaluated as spam and what action was taken. Was it the only email that got lost or you can reproduce it with other spam emails as well?

I don't know how to do that. Andrew will have to help me in the future.