MSIL/WebCompanion - is it a threat ?

Tio

So I've decided today to run a scan manually and to my surprise it found 16 pup's,  most of them were harmless I guess, since it only quarantined 4 of them which were those MSIL/WebCompanion.A. I made my digging and it basically says its either a virus/malware. One site states that  MSIL/WebCompanion virus is detected by antivirus software since  it is a threat to your PC or web browse so how come it only detected it as a pup ? Another thing isn't ESET suppose to be doing this automatic scans ? Also my System cleaner seemed to be changed not in a default mode.  After the initial scan( which found these 16 pup's) and and cleaned/quarantine them I run the scan couple of times and It was clean, I also downloaded the free version of malwarebytes and the scan showed nothing( does it mean that I am clean ). And is there a chance that those 4 quarantined files could just come back w/o me doing that?

Couple of days ESET required me to restart my laptop in order to complete the update. 

I don't have BitTorent installed on my OS.

Oh and is it normal that I just had an " An app default was reset" so many often at the same time maybe someone is changing something to my laptop ?  Or I am being paranoid ? I posted a picture down 

Do you guys think that by the time I did this scan I might have been already hacked like browsing history, passwords and so forth ? 

P.S I am not really informed on this subject, so sorry if there were any stupid question, I am just dead worried.

thereal.png

therealll1.jpg

appdeff.jpg

Edited by Tio

Question is how BitTorrent.exe ended up in your downloads folder.

To begin with, this is actually the download for uTorrent. Do you have uTorrent installed? And Eset should have thrown a PUA alert on the attempted download of it per the below screen shot. Did you ignore the Eset alert on the attempted download?

Eset_Bittorrent.thumb.png.42f45d124b2e9ede9a38bd31262bf58c.png

I had BitTorrent installed before, but I uninstalled it long time ago. I checked if the "BitTorrent" was still in downloads - its not, nor its in my programs (control panel - uninstall programs) . I tried to install uTorrent again sometime ago but ESET was blocking it therefore - BitTorrent, but as I mentioned I uninstalled it because malwarebytes was detecting shady things. I checked I still have the u torrent in my downloads the one that u press and it starts to install (exe?).  Run eset on its clean. I don't think I have ignored ESET either. Is there a way to check the activity log ? And is there a way I can test if ESET will react. 

Do you think that thing could have stolen my passwords, seen my internet activity etc ? 

Edited by Tio