Migrating ERA v6.4 to ESCM v7

Migrating ERA v6.4 to ESCM v7 = Done via pulling the database and using same IP and Host Name

Now updating clients Security Management Center Components Upgrade = Done on a couple of test computers

Now updating clients ESET File Security  = Done on a couple of test computers

However, is there a way to prevent initial auto scanning of computer during the ESET File Security update process ? (To minimize impact on server performance). 

Edited by OllyOrc

• OllyOrc changed the title to Migrating ERA v6.4 to ESCM v7
  • ESET Staff

@OllyOrc You have not specified whether the ESET File Security is being updated from version 6.5 & older or version 4.5.x

You can theoretically affect the "initial scan", by modifying the policy and assigning it to the machine before (initial scan setting switch to off). Initial scan setting applies only for version 6.6 & newer, which means also V7. 

Also, I am not an EFSW expert, but there is a command line switch to disable the "first scan" listed here: https://help.eset.com/efsw/7.1/en-US/installation_cmd.html 

Thanks Michalj for the advice which I will try. The ESET File Security is being updated from the new ESMC v7 that replaced the old ERA v 6.4 after a successful migration, as the new ESMC v7 now has the IP and Host Name from the old ERA 6.4 after pulling its database. So the old ERA 6.4 has been shutdown. 

Previously installed version of ESFW = 7.0.12018.0 (Deployed from ERA 6.4) and I have now found the policy setting to not do an initial scan on installation (Settings -> Detection Engine -> Enable Initial Scan toggle). Many thanks and our latest version = 7.1.12006.0 that is currently being deployed from the new ESMC v 7

Edited by OllyOrc