I can not change the language of mail notifications

Hello! Our consultant has installed the ESMC in German language, so that all mail notifications are in German language. As we are an international company, I would like to change them into English, but that seems to be impossible without reinstalling the ESMC. Can anybody help?

• Administrators

You can change the language on the logon screen:

image.png

If you change the language you'll receive a pop-up notifications that objects created during installation will stay in the original installation language (German in your case).

You can backup the database and certificates and re-deploy the ESMC server which you'll install in English.

Please refer to https://help.eset.com/esmc_install/70/en-US/migration_same_version.html?migration_same_version.html for instructions how to perform server migration.

• ESET Staff

Notifications are “preinstalled objects”, which are set in the language of the server installation chosen during install. Only option is to recreate them, in the language of the currently logged in user. The same is valid for report templates / pre-defined (built-in) policies.

11 hours ago, MichalJ said:

Notifications are “preinstalled objects”, which are set in the language of the server installation chosen during install. Only option is to recreate them, in the language of the currently logged in user. The same is valid for report templates / pre-defined (built-in) policies.

You mean, recreate them MANUALLY by typing the translated textt into the notification templates?

• ESET Staff

Yes, you can duplicate the entry, and change the name of it.

Also, in "distribution" section of the notification parameters you can change the output locale (so the actual text is in the language of your choice). 

The locale set in the notification affects only number and date formatting, notification content is not translated.

So it seems I have to translate all the text by myself, what is Name, Description, Subject and Content.

Edited by hem
More clarified

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, hem said:

So it seems I have to translate all the text by myself, what is Name, Description, Subject and Content.

Alternatively you can migrate to a new server installed in English. For instructions, please refer to the links above. It's up to you which way you choose; whether you'll do manual translation or install an English version of the ESMC server and migrate clients to it.