updating repo/updates with MirrorTool

• Most Valued Members

Hi,

Perhaps I'm missing something; but I'm getting errors while running the MirrorTool. 

Here's the error:

[root@updates ~]# mirrortool_updates
============= UPDATES MODE ==========
Mirror Tool, Copyright (c) ESET, spol. s r.o. 1992-2018. All rights reserved.

Creating mirror for product: ep6.

Mirror type changed to regular
Initialization
Initialization finished
Perform full mirror started

Update status for product 'ep6' changed to: Preparing structures and analyzing

Downloading file: update.ver. Downloaded: 100 %

Update status for product 'ep6' changed to: Downloading files

Downloading file: em025_64_n7.nup. Downloaded: 34 %
Update status for product 'ep6' changed to: Updating

Downloaded: 83 %
Update status for product 'ep6' changed to: Finished

Perform full mirror finished
Uninitialization
Uninitialization finished

Error: Perform full mirror failed with error: Undocumented serious error. Error code is: 4122
Error occured.

Here's the command I use (which I placed in a script so I don't need to type so long a command everytime...  )

MirrorTool --intermediateRepositoryDirectory /tmp/updates --offlineLicenseFilename ./sc.lf --outputDirectory /var/eset/updates --excludedProducts ep4 ep5

Similar thing happens when I update the repo as well.

Can someone point out what's bugging the update?

Thanks

Edmund

• Administrators

The error means "error copying file". Please make sure that the current user has write permissions for the mirror folder and temporary folder where temporary files are created during the process of creating a mirror.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members
On 9/19/2019 at 1:17 PM, Marcos said:

The error means "error copying file". Please make sure that the current user has write permissions for the mirror folder and temporary folder where temporary files are created during the process of creating a mirror.

Is there any way of displaying what the error means instead of an error code?  Had I known about the 'copying file' error, I'd probably would've found that out.

Which brings me to another error #.  8453, which is a bit more confusing:

Mirror type changed to regular
Initialization
Initialization finished
Perform full mirror started

Update status for product 'era6' changed to: Preparing structures and analyzing

Downloading file: update.ver. Downloaded: 100 %

Update status for product 'era6' changed to: Downloading files

Downloading file: em017_64_l0.dll.nup. Downloaded: 6 %
Update status for product 'era6' changed to: Finished

Perform full mirror finished
Uninitialization
Uninitialization finished

Error: Perform full mirror failed with error: Download interrupted. Error code is: 8453
Error occured.

I'm having difficulty in downloading from the servers as it keeps on being interrupted.  The confusing thing about the above is it says "Perform full mirror finished" but  it then says failed.   I kinda understand that the process has finished but with an error; but it's misleading.  But I suppose this is more of a nitpick than an actually issue.

That said, what does errorcode 8453 mean?

Thanks

PS:

I think I'll need to move the update server to a different system or get a better NIC.

• ESET Staff
14 hours ago, ewong said:

That said, what does errorcode 8453 mean?

This specific error means that download of file was interrupted in terms of network. This might have multiple reasons:

• network connection was lost
  • download timeouted due to client inactivity
  • connection was interrupted by firewall or other security software
  • connection was closed by ESET servers (not very probably but might happen due to timeouts or overloaded state)

If this happens repeatedly I would recommend to analyze HTTP downloads using wireshark or similar tools. We have seen previously that specific updatable files were blocked by enterprise-grade firewalls. Also problem might be caused by HTTP proxy in case it is deployed in between and used for download.

• Most Valued Members
On 10/3/2019 at 11:30 PM, MartinK said:

This specific error means that download of file was interrupted in terms of network. This might have multiple reasons:

• network connection was lost
  • download timeouted due to client inactivity
  • connection was interrupted by firewall or other security software
  • connection was closed by ESET servers (not very probably but might happen due to timeouts or overloaded state)

If this happens repeatedly I would recommend to analyze HTTP downloads using wireshark or similar tools. We have seen previously that specific updatable files were blocked by enterprise-grade firewalls. Also problem might be caused by HTTP proxy in case it is deployed in between and used for download.

Thanks MartinK!  That helps a lot.   I think something is not right wrt the network download speed. 

• Most Valued Members
On 10/4/2019 at 11:32 PM, John1988 said:

I uninstalled Eset but it still appears in the task bar and still blocks some content.  i want to get rid of it.

I don't understand this.  Perhaps posted to the wrong topic?