Ekrn.exe Spikes CPU and Cancelled License

For some reason, Eset just doesn't like me. When I enter a license for Internet Security till 2020, it works just fine BUT after 1 week or so, it can't update the product and I need to get a new license EVERY TIME. Also, the ekrn process is using all of my CPU. I had this problem and then it disappeared after I collected the logs. But now, it's back.

I'm using 12.2.23.0 if that helps. I'm going to attach the logs of the ekrn.exe as soon as possible

eis_logs.zip

Edited by Alex21

• Administrators

I was able to find only one trial license for EIS valid until Oct 2019 registered to your forum's email address. If you have purchased a paid license and used a different email address, please provide me either the email address or the public license ID via a private message.

As for the cpu spikes, does temporarily pausing real-time protection make the issue go away? Do you have an on-demand scan scheduled to run? Are you doing anything specific on the machine when you observe the issue?

42 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I was able to find only one trial license for EIS valid until Oct 2019 registered to your forum's email address. If you have purchased a paid license and used a different email address, please provide me either the email address or the public license ID via a private message.

As for the cpu spikes, does temporarily pausing real-time protection make the issue go away? Do you have an on-demand scan scheduled to run? Are you doing anything specific on the machine when you observe the issue?

Well I had registered the free trial cause the license was cancelled and about the cpu, I have demand scan scheduled but it doesn't affect the machine that much and I'm not doing anything specific when I observe the issue. I will collect the logs and attach it so that you can view the problem

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

eis_logs.zip

• Administrators

Uninstall the following and check if the problem's gone:

TNod User & Password Finder
Avast Premium Security

If you didn't purchase a license, you can activate a 30-day fully functional trial version. For further troubleshooting, I'll need the email address to which the license being used is registered.

• Administrators

It is against this forum rules to use multiple accounts. Which one should we cancel?

Regardless of whether you have only one real-time protection active, drivers may clash and have adverse effect on performance or cause other issues. A second-opinion scanner should work only as an on-demand scanner without any drivers loaded.

• Most Valued Members
58 minutes ago, AlexBulatovic21- said:

He it's Alex21 from an another account. The Avast is on Passive mode and my computer comes with TNod. I'm going to ask the one who fixes my computer if that program is necessary, but thanks for the reply

I just did a Google of TNod - it appears to be a program used for illegal purposes so I recommend removing this asap