update from 12.2.23 to 12.2.29

@ Pete12 : Lets hope MS will be very carefull with next updates in the future!

Other AV's are having similar issues caused by W10 WSC (monthly change for the sake of change helps none).

Edited by Enrico

"

• Kudos: 2940
  •  

"First of all, I have no clue what issues you mean. Are any issues visible after installing v12.2.29? "..............did you read previous posts ?  Have you seen my txt-files ?  Will explain again some issues ;  1. The Windows Defender option for periodic scanning ( on/off) , always set to "off" , after every reboot .

2. Our eventlog is turning red ( with errors , id=18 and id=19 ) , not very funny , if you try to keep your eventlog clean !

3. No repair-function in the new 12.2.29-installer , only "remove"is still present .

4 . four (4) ! ,providers in the Security Center ( key in regedit ) , you blame MS , which I think could be right, but a fact is ; version 12.2.23 has NO PROBLEMS AT ALL , all problems started with this 12.2.29 !!

5. I dont understand why ESET still keeps pushing this 12.2.29 to the people , isnt ESET still not aware of all the facts I mentioned above ............?? !!

Why not pulling out this nasty update , untill problems are fixed , with the help of MS ?

BTW - I went through the hassle of uninstalling 12.2.29 and then reinstalling it.

I am still getting the Security Center event log entries at boot time. So I don't know what these clean install of 12.2.29 statements are about in regards to preventing this issue.

Edited by itman

9 hours ago, Enrico said:

@ Pete12 : Lets hope MS will be very carefull with next updates in the future!

Other AV's are having similar issues caused by W10 WSC (monthly change for the sake of change helps none).

It's a hidden "master plan" by Microsoft to get everyone to use Windows Defender ........................

" I went through the hassle of uninstalling 12.2.29 and then reinstalling it "...............yes, re-installed twice , same results ! I stay on my conclusion ; this 12.2.29 is a "no good " update !!

Reverted to good 12.2.23-version , NO PROBLEMS at all with this version , will stay with it , untill a final good ( !) update will appear , with none of all the problems , I described in my last posts .

Just dont understand WHY (!) they keep pushing people to this buggy version ( :angry:)still ................when will ESET wake up and stop with 12.2.29 , they should know by now about all these troubles ............!

They blame MS , but 12.2.23 has no problems at all , while its in the same OS.................

@itman @marcos

Hi guys. I have disabled globally WD via OOSU10.exe AND I have only prompt from WSNC about status ESET Firewall during EACH Windows startup. Windows think wrong while that ESET Firewall does not work.
Regards

scr-1568960187-001.png

"

• Kudos: 2941
  •  

Let's try it with the next version when available "..............yes, and , please , dont let us wait too long..........!!

btw; found another failure of the 12.2 29 ;  bootime needing a few seconds more then the 12.2.23 .........so , all these faults together , its real time for getting 12.2.29 straight ........correct it , or update it better ( soon !).......

Edited by Pete12

Still no answer anymore ................I understand , there is only one (1) good answer ; a new update from ESET , this time without a red eventlog and keeping your settings in Windows Defender..............!!   :rolleyes:

Edited by Pete12

" with fixes "..........Marcos , how to install this update ; 1 . just in the program 12.2.23 , update 

2. using the new 12.2.30 set-up

3. uninstall 12.2.23 first , then using new set-up ??

The "official " ESET-site keeps giving us the buggy 12.2.29 .........why ??

So , when updating the program , inside 12.2.23 , we still get 12.2.29........!!

• ESET Insiders
36 minutes ago, Pete12 said:

The "official " ESET-site keeps giving us the buggy 12.2.29 .........why ??

Because as Marcos post indicates, it is only presently available in the early access download section https://forum.eset.com/files/category/3-early-access/ as it is has not been officially released.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, reisender1967 said:

Hello,

Is only an English version available or is there also a German version?

We use multi-language installers so it should work just fine if you install it over an older German version or if you select "German" when installing it from scratch.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

V12.2.30 with fixes is available in the Early access download section for download: https://forum.eset.com/files/category/3-early-access/

Installed it.

So far, so good. It does eliminate the WSC firewall and AV event log error messages that were occurring at boot time with ver. 12.2.29.

Just installed it over my old German version. The installation worked fine.

I hope that the following error message from Windows-Update will no longer appear:

Installation error: The installation of the following update failed with error 0x80240017: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (version 1.303.281.0)