Agent 7 unable to connect to Web console. Session token temporarily unavailable, device is not enrolled yet

Newly installed Eset Management Agent 7.0.577.0 on newly reinstalled OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1903 unable to connect to ESET Security Management Center Server 7.0.471.0 web console .

Errors in log:  

Error: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread 13fc]: CDeviceSnapshotWinLoaderUtils::ReadDiskDriveIDs: calling funtion=[DeviceIoControl (IOCTL_STORAGE_GET_DEVICE_NUMBER)] for volume=[\\?\Volume{xxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxx}] failed, error=[1]

Error: AuthenticationModule [Thread 584]: DeviceEnrollmentCommand execution failed with: Request: Era.Common.Services.Authentication.RPCEnrollmentRequest on connection: host: "era.xxxxxxxx.com" port: 2222 with proxy set as: Proxy: Connection: :3128, Credentials: Name: , Password: ******, Enabled:0, EnabledFallback:1, failed with error code: 14, error message: Connect Failed, and error details:
Warning: CReplicationModule [Thread 13e8]: GetAuthenticationSessionToken: Received failure status response: TEMPORARILY_UNAVAILABLE (Error description: session token temporarily unavailable, device is not enrolled yet)

I was googling couple of days, the era appliance was restarted, the Agent was reinstalled. Nothing helped.

Found that the issue can be with hardware fingerprints. All drivers installed. The last thing can be that IOCTL_STORAGE_GET_DEVICE_NUMBER is always failing with the error 1 on dynamic disks but on basic disks is OK, - also found this info somewhere on WEB.

I checked the drive properties and realized that i have the dynamic disk. Don't want to convert it to basic as the formatting and repartitioning in that case needed (i don't want to lose the OEM recovery partitions). Don't know at the moment if other stations in our network has the same issue, as couple of them not connecting to ESMC also.

Any help and advises appreciated.

Edited by MFSL
correct the topic name

• ESET Staff

I would recommend to contact ESET support for this issue. I do not think there was any similar report to this time so more details of disk configuration might help improve ESMC components.

Regarding problem with fetching dynamic disk details, from provided logs it seems that it is not fatal problem and there is some network problem, indicated by error "Connect failed". I would recommend to check whether client (where AGENT is installed) can resolve DNS name of ESMC server and whether connection to port 2222 is possible.

• 2 weeks later...

The issue with the dynamic disk was not resolved - we reformatted the drive and converted it to basic finally.

*Connect failed* was on our DNS server side. ESET support advice to check the DNS also.

To other users with similar issue - try to add in client's computer hosts file the external IP of your era server. In our case it helped.

• ESET Staff
39 minutes ago, MFSL said:

The issue with the dynamic disk was not resolved - we reformatted the drive and converted it to basic finally.

*Connect failed* was on our DNS server side. ESET support advice to check the DNS also.

To other users with similar issue - try to add in client's computer hosts file the external IP of your era server. In our case it helped.

Thanks for confirmation. Issue with dynamic disks was in the meantime reported to developers but it is not analyzed yet.