fabioquadros_

Firewall: An application has been modified and is now trying to communicate with the network.

Just received the same notice, I would like to know what it means.

Without thinking carefully I chose to keep the rules, but I don't know if it was good or bad.

You have a firewall rule created for egui.exe which has been modified (e.g. after upgrade) and at the same time modification of trusted applications is not allowed automatically:

image.png

Do you have custom firewall rules created? Do you have the above setting disabled? If you are unsure, please provide me with logs collected with ESET Log Collector.

I guess it must have been something caused by the last update of the program, since I have the firewall in automatic mode and I never change anything in the firewall configuration.

Edited by Hijin25

The one that will enter the advanced configuration of ESET and choose the option to restore the program default values, does not affect the records requested?

I'm sorry, I worried when I realized that I didn't know if by clicking on "keep rules" I had made a mistake and it was my first reaction.

This issue should be fixed by the Firewall module version 1391.1
Expected release on Pre-release update channel is the next week.

The issue is triggered by the update of the program.
If you clicked to keep the rule button in the dialog, the dialog should not show anymore.

I got the same notice and I clicked keep rules.  What I want to know is if that was alright to do or did I put my self at risk of anything?

5 hours ago, Purpleroses said:

What I want to know is if that was alright to do or did I put my self at risk of anything?

If its a trusted app and one you know that was recently updated, it's OK to keep existing permissive rules. For example and most frequently, equi.exe, that was replaced as part of the ver. 12.2.29 upgrade.