Eset File Security for linux

yrebane

Hello,

What could be the issue or what to do when EFS (latest version 7) for linux server has error that Real-Time file system protection is non-functional?

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I noticed that my efs product was licensed on the SMC console even though it was not activated during the installation, and there seems no other way to verify if it is activated with cli. So my questions are 1. do I really need to activate my efs product (/opt/eset/efs/sbin/lic -k xxx.xxx...) during the installation? 2. how can we verify the product is activated with cli? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Former ESET Employees

Hi guys,

to question no.1, which is probably solved anyway, here is a guidance:

https://help.eset.com/efs/7/en-US/realtime-protection-cannot-start.html?zoom_highlightsub=headers

To question about CLI:

1. To receive module updates, product have to be activated (CLI, ESMC, WebGUI).
  2.  When you initiate an update, you get a message that product is not activated (if it's not activated), other

server:~$ sudo /opt/eset/efs/bin/upd -u
   Product is not activated.

Otherwise you get following:

server:~$ sudo /opt/eset/efs/bin/upd -u

Update is not necessary - the installed modules are current.

But yes, this could be solved better via some direct command on lic utility. We'll add that into the product.

• 2 weeks later...

I am very confused whether I need to install ESET File Security for Linux or not but ESET File Security for Linux can utilize ICAP protocol to scan NAS systems like Dell EMC Isilon as well as other ICAP-compliant NAS systems. Here is the more information on my Facebook where you can get guidance on ESET File Security for Linux.