ESMC Agent install fails "The system cannot find the file specified"

• ESET Staff
9 hours ago, PuterCare said:

I think you've solved it! I was at another affected office today and that user had a space in their name, I created a temp user account with no space and the agent installed successfully. Thanks for your help on this, is the best method to use the AIO agent installer for such systems? 

Thanks for confirmation. It was reported and will be investigated.

As of workaround I would personally recommend to use all-in-one installer. Script-based installer was somehow superseded by it and original scripts remained available just for backward compatibility and easier "customization".

13 hours ago, MartinK said:

Thanks for confirmation. It was reported and will be investigated.

As of workaround I would personally recommend to use all-in-one installer. Script-based installer was somehow superseded by it and original scripts remained available just for backward compatibility and easier "customization".

Thanks, can a GPO be used with the AIO? My only other reservation is the AIO would install a static version of the agent but doesn't the script download and install the latest version? Therefore less intervention needed? I know I can update the agent from ESMC but then that's an extra required step.

The way I have it set up is that any computer that joins this local domain has the agent installed automatically, then I verify it's an authorised system in ESMC and remotely push the relevant install.

Edited by PuterCare