Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

razorfancy

Eset Internet Security Update bug(Password Manager Notification)

Recommended Posts

I was on Eset Internet Security 12.2.23.0 and today I got a notification to update to version 12.2.29.0 but the weird thing is that I also got update notification to update Eset Password Manager something that is only on the Eset Smart Security Premium version.

I was able to update to Eset Internet Security 12.2.29.0 without any problem but the Password Manager update notification still appears, I press to update, it starts to download the Eset Paswword Manager.exe file and the notification disappears but if I click in the manual update option of Eset the notification apears again.

 

Anotação 2019-09-11 154433.png

 

Anotação 2019-09-11 154701.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you ever had ESET Smart Security Premium installed before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using this knowledge base article as a guide: https://support.eset.com/kb6181/ , scroll down to the Troubleshooting section and see if the Password Manager shows as installed on your Eset installation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, itman said:

Using this knowledge base article as a guide: https://support.eset.com/kb6181/ , scroll down to the Troubleshooting section and see if the Password Manager shows as installed.

It doesnt appear in the Security Tools section also the folder "ESET Password Manager" doesnt exist in my "C:\Program Files\ESET\" folder.

 

Anotação 2019-09-11 164607.png

Anotação 2019-09-11 164712.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clear your update cache as shown in the below screen shot and see if that stops this update activity:

Eset_Cache.thumb.png.b1416f04871b37f3747d160312df6af5.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, itman said:

Clear your update cache as shown in the below screen shot and see if that stops this update activity:

Eset_Cache.thumb.png.b1416f04871b37f3747d160312df6af5.png

I already try that and doesnt work also if I close Eset and wait for the ESET Main GUI process to disappear from the Task Manager and after that I open the Eset program again the Password Manager Update Notification disappear but if I click on the Manual check for updates option, the notification appears again until I close Eset and wait for Eset Main GUI process to disappear(*1) again.

 

*1 - If I open Eset before the ESET Main GUI process close I still can see the Password Manager Update notification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll need to check it out with devs tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Marcos said:

We'll need to check it out with devs tomorrow.

The only place in a Eset Folder that I can find something about Eset Password Manager is in the "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Installer" folder.

If there was any problem with my first installation then it was related to the Eset Internet Security 12.2.23.0 offline installer(it still is possible to download this version offline installer using the link below):

https://www.eset.com/pt/casa/internet-security/download/

 

Anotação 2019-09-11 171622.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, razorfancy said:

The only place in a Eset Folder that I can find something about Eset Password Manager is in the "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Installer" folder.

Checking my Eset Internet Security installation that previously was 12.2.23 and updated this morning to 12.2.29, the only thing that exists in this directory is ehn_nt64.msi.

I really believe that the only way the other two installers associated with Smart Security  would be present in that directory is if you somehow at some time mistakenly downloaded the Smart Security installer.  Note I am not stating you explicitly downloaded it, but that somehow you ended up with a Smart Security installation versus Internet Security.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Internet Security? After uninstalling Eset, make sure this directory,  C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Installer, no longer exists. If it does, make sure you manually delete the Password Manager installers in it prior to reinstalling Eset. Also make sure you re-download Internet Security from the off-line installers web site. Make sure the download file properties state it is Internet Security. Finally, make sure you export your current Eset settings prior to uninstall if you have made custom changes to Eset settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, itman said:

Checking my Eset Internet Security installation that previously was 12.2.23 and updated this morning to 12.2.29, the only thing that exists in this directory is ehn_nt64.msi.

I really believe that the only way the other two installers associated with Smart Security  would be present in that directory is if you somehow at some time mistakenly downloaded the Smart Security installer.  Note I am not stating you explicitly downloaded it, but that somehow you ended up with a Smart Security installation versus Internet Security.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Internet Security? After uninstalling Eset, make sure this directory,  C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Installer, no longer exists. If it does, make sure you manually delete the Password Manager installers in it prior to reinstalling Eset. Also make sure you re-download Internet Security from the off-line installers web site. Make sure the download file properties state it is Internet Security. Finally, make sure you export your current Eset settings prior to uninstall if you have made custom changes to Eset settings.

Show me a screenshot of your "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Installer" folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, razorfancy said:

Show me a screenshot of your "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Installer" folder.

Eset_Installer.thumb.png.aad5d26109003b3e1bd3ee081238954e.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, itman said:

Eset_Installer.thumb.png.aad5d26109003b3e1bd3ee081238954e.png

Did you install version 12.2.23.0 using the Offline Installer or you used the Live Installer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, razorfancy said:

Did you install version 12.2.23.0 using the Offline Installer

Off-line installer downloaded from here: https://support.eset.com/kb2885/ . I believe you can do the same and at installation time switch language to Portuguese.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, itman said:

Off-line installer downloaded from here: https://support.eset.com/kb2885/ . I believe you can do the same and at installation time switch language to Portuguese.

The only explanation that I can see is that Eset fixed the Offline Installer of the version 12.2.23.0 after I did my installation on 19/07/2019. 

I can 100% garantee you that I installed the Eset Internet Security version since I only activate my license after the installation finish and I didnt get any notification from Eset to restart my pc, which I would get if I had installed Eset Smart Security Premium and then tried to insert a Eset Internet Security license.

 

Can you please provide me a link for the Offline Installer for the version 12.2.29.0?

 

Where I downloaded the offline Installer for version 12.2.23.0(*1) still doesnt have the new version(12.2.29.0) offline installer.

*1 - https://www.eset.com/pt/casa/internet-security/download/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, razorfancy said:

Can you please provide me a link for the Offline Installer for the version 12.2.29.0?

Doesn't exist yet. When it does, it will be posted on the linked web site I noted previously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is another possibility here. 

I recollect reading; can't find the associated link, that if Smart Security is uninstalled, the Password Manger is not. This is done so one's passwords are not lost, etc., etc.. Likewise for the encryption software in the instance it is needed to un-encrypt existing files.

Are you sure that you never installed Smart Security; like in trial version mode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also you might consider using Eset's offline uninstaller tool here: https://support.eset.com/kb2289/ . This must be run in safe mode. This will remove all traces of Eset on the device.

Just make sure you read the entire write-up noting potential issues that can occur using it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, itman said:

There is another possibility here. 

I recollect reading; can't find the associated link, that if Smart Security is uninstalled, the Password Manger is not. This is done so one's passwords are not lost, etc., etc.. Likewise for the encryption software in the instance it is needed to un-encrypt existing files.

Are you sure that you never installed Smart Security; like in trial version mode?

Yes I am 100% that never tried Eset Smart Security Premium version on the pc I am currently today because this pc is new, I got it February this year and I always used Eset Internet Security version on it.

If I try to get a trial version of Eset Smart Security Premium and activate it on my pc and restart my pc then activate my Eset Internet Security license and restart my pc again will that be able to fix this issue?

Another thing that I was thinking to do was to try to use a file deleter like Wipe File to delete the PasswordManagerInstaller.exe file in the "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Installer" folder but I think that probably will damage the installation of Eset and cause me a lot more problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, razorfancy said:

If I try to get a trial version of Eset Smart Security Premium and activate it on my pc and restart my pc then activate my Eset Internet Security license and restart my pc again will that be able to fix this issue?

No.

34 minutes ago, razorfancy said:

Another thing that I was thinking to do was to try to use a file deleter like Wipe File to delete the PasswordManagerInstaller.exe file in the "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Installer" folder but I think that probably will damage the installation of Eset and cause me a lot more problems.

As I replied previously once you uninstall Eset, you should have unrestricted access to the folder if it exists. Not 100% sure. Only way to know for sure is uninstall Eset and attempt to delete the directory if it exists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please provide ELC logs collected after selecting "All" in the ELC drop-down menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...