Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • ESET Insiders

Is there any news about the ML engine on the local client? like the ML detection. Seems like ESET hasn't implemented a local ML engine for customers yet. And haven't seen any of its detection.

Edited by StevenCheong
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

As far as I know, it was mainly active users in the forum who were primarily invited to the Insider program to participate on testing. @Peter Randziak should know best.

And yes, advanced machine learning will be supported and configurable in the final v13.

image.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ESET Insiders
On 9/11/2019 at 3:58 AM, StevenCheong said:

Is there any news about the ML engine on the local client? like the ML detection. Seems like ESET hasn't implemented a local ML engine for customers yet. And haven't seen any of its detection.

ML?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ESET Insiders
On 9/11/2019 at 5:22 AM, Marcos said:

As far as I know, it was mainly active users in the forum who were primarily invited to the Insider program to participate on testing. @Peter Randziak should know best.

And yes, advanced machine learning will be supported and configurable in the final v13.

image.png

When is v13 coming out?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
14 hours ago, fabioquadros_ said:

How can I use it and test this version?

The beta is available for users in the Insider program. The membership is offered to users active in our forum when they are interested in joining the program.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Most Valued Members

One thing I have wondered if it is an option then what does that mean for users? As in will it be recommended only for advanced users and if not why an option to disable

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, peteyt said:

One thing I have wondered if it is an option then what does that mean for users? As in will it be recommended only for advanced users and if not why an option to disable

Suspect it will be enabled by default; just like AMSI option is.

Also appears it's probability parameters won't be configurable like Windows Defender's ATP can be. Again, no optional control given to the user who wishes more aggressive protection.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
32 minutes ago, peteyt said:

One thing I have wondered if it is an option then what does that mean for users? As in will it be recommended only for advanced users and if not why an option to disable

Like any other detection and protection mechanism it can be controlled by the user.  We provide an option to turn on or off Advanced heuristics, Advanced Memory Scanner, Ransomware Shield, etc. even if there should be basically no reason to turn off any of them. However, we want to keep the product fully customizable mainly for advanced users; for common users it's an install-and-forget thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...