Software install from Console not working

I am not able to push ESET security software from the console. The status screens shows no activity and the trigger was set to ASAP and to use the client timezone.  Please help!!!! see the image below for the status screenshot.
Thanks

ESET_Softwareinstall.jpg

• Administrators

Did you attempt to install Agent or you sent a software install task to clients with agent already installed?

As for deploying agent, use a GPO for that in a domain. You can also use the Remote Deployment Tool as per https://help.eset.com/esmc_smb/70/en-US/deployment_tool.html.

• Administrators

What exactly did you do? Do you see the agent connecting to the ESMC server? Did you send a software install task to clients? Any errors in the agent trace.log on clients?

9 minutes ago, Marcos said:

What exactly did you do? Do you see the agent connecting to the ESMC server? Did you send a software install task to clients? Any errors in the agent trace.log on clients?

I've attached a tracelog but it seems pretty empty, where can I find log info? and no errors,  it just looks like the software install is doing nothing.

We tried a scheduled job and ASAP.  neither worked.

tracelog.log

• Administrators

That is not the log C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\trace.log. Also please check status.html in that folder.

16 hours ago, Marcos said:

That is not the log C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\trace.log. Also please check status.html in that folder.

status and log are attached, looks like it's not talking.  I was able to push the agent via a server tasks.  would a firewall exception need to be made even though the agent was able to be installed with the ESET console?

Agent_status.jpg

ESETagent_tracelog.txt

Edited by ivan.perez

• ESET Staff

Relevant error in this case is:

GRPC:Failed to resolve: ESET-INF01:2222

which means that AGENT is not able to resolve DNS name of ESMC server. Could you verify this hostname is actually correct. If so, I would recommend to check directly in client machine whether this hostname can be resolved using nslookup or possibly by ping.

As a result of connectivity issues, AGENT is not able to fetch client tasks - which means it is technically not managed yet.

• ESET Staff
19 minutes ago, ivan.perez said:

Can't resolve a host and cannot ping the machine.  Martink, this VM was setup using a preconfig Linux VM from ESET website. Are VM's not pingable by default?

Indeed ping would probably fail as ESMC Appliance has enabled firewall which is blocking such request, but crutial fact is that client machine cannot resolve hostname. This is something that has to be resolved either by network configuration, or changing hostname/IP of ESMC servers in installers so that AGENT can actually connect to ESMC.

28 minutes ago, MartinK said:

Indeed ping would probably fail as ESMC Appliance has enabled firewall which is blocking such request, but crutial fact is that client machine cannot resolve hostname. This is something that has to be resolved either by network configuration, or changing hostname/IP of ESMC servers in installers so that AGENT can actually connect to ESMC.

Martin, on your advice I've added this hostname to DNS. will adjust server tasks to reference hostname

Now a question, for server tasks...  can you confirm if ESET attempts to use server IP if hostname is not reachable?

Edited by ivan.perez