Jump to content
ivan.perez

Software install from Console not working

Recommended Posts

I am not able to push ESET security software from the console. The status screens shows no activity and the trigger was set to ASAP and to use the client timezone.  Please help!!!! see the image below for the status screenshot.
Thanks

ESET_Softwareinstall.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Marcos, thank you for the prompt reply.

 

I am trying to deploy to a computer with the Eset management agent already installed, but it's stuck on planned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What exactly did you do? Do you see the agent connecting to the ESMC server? Did you send a software install task to clients? Any errors in the agent trace.log on clients?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Marcos said:

What exactly did you do? Do you see the agent connecting to the ESMC server? Did you send a software install task to clients? Any errors in the agent trace.log on clients?

I've attached a tracelog but it seems pretty empty, where can I find log info? and no errors,  it just looks like the software install is doing nothing.

We tried a scheduled job and ASAP.  neither worked.

tracelog.log

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is not the log C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\trace.log. Also please check status.html in that folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Marcos said:

That is not the log C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\trace.log. Also please check status.html in that folder.

status and log are attached, looks like it's not talking.  I was able to push the agent via a server tasks.  would a firewall exception need to be made even though the agent was able to be installed with the ESET console?

Agent_status.jpg

ESETagent_tracelog.txt

Edited by ivan.perez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Relevant error in this case is:

GRPC:Failed to resolve: ESET-INF01:2222

which means that AGENT is not able to resolve DNS name of ESMC server. Could you verify this hostname is actually correct. If so, I would recommend to check directly in client machine whether this hostname can be resolved using nslookup or possibly by ping.

As a result of connectivity issues, AGENT is not able to fetch client tasks - which means it is technically not managed yet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't resolve a host and cannot ping the machine.  Martink, this VM was setup using a preconfig Linux VM from ESET website. Are VM's not pingable by default?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ivan.perez said:

Can't resolve a host and cannot ping the machine.  Martink, this VM was setup using a preconfig Linux VM from ESET website. Are VM's not pingable by default?

Indeed ping would probably fail as ESMC Appliance has enabled firewall which is blocking such request, but crutial fact is that client machine cannot resolve hostname. This is something that has to be resolved either by network configuration, or changing hostname/IP of ESMC servers in installers so that AGENT can actually connect to ESMC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MartinK said:

Indeed ping would probably fail as ESMC Appliance has enabled firewall which is blocking such request, but crutial fact is that client machine cannot resolve hostname. This is something that has to be resolved either by network configuration, or changing hostname/IP of ESMC servers in installers so that AGENT can actually connect to ESMC.

Martin, on your advice I've added this hostname to DNS. will adjust server tasks to reference hostname

Now a question, for server tasks...  can you confirm if ESET attempts to use server IP if hostname is not reachable?

Edited by ivan.perez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...