ESET blocking Filezilla update

Samoréen

Hi,

I just tried to update Filezilla and the operation failed because "the root certificate is not trusted".

Status: Downloading /updatecheck.php?platform=i586-pc-mingw32msvc&version=3.7.4.1&osversion=6.1&osarch=64
Error: Root certificate is not trusted
Error: Disconnected from server: ECONNABORTED - Connection aborted
Error: Disconnected from server
Error: File transfer failed

I had to add filezilla.exe to the list of applications excluded from protocol filtering in order to make a successful update.

• Administrators

Filezilla doesn't trust self-signed certificates or CA certificates in the system Trusted Root Certification Authorities certificate store. If you enable SSL scanning, you must exclude Filezilla's certificate from scanning by switching to interactive mode ("Ask about non-visited sites") and excluding the certificate, when asked.

Edited by Marcos

Hi Marcos,

If I remove filezilla.exe from the exclusion list, switch to "Ask about non-visited sites" , launch Filezilla and try again to update, there's no error and no question asked about excluding or accepting a certificate.

If I switch again to "Always scan SSL protocol", the same error as reported above appears again.

Since I don't want to stay in interactive mode, the only solution is as described above : adding filezilla.exe to the list of applications excluded from protocol filtering

• Administrators

You should check the box "Apply created exceptions based on certificate box" in order for the certificate to be excluded in automatic mode.

You should check the box "Apply created exceptions based on certificate box" in order for the certificate to be excluded in automatic mode.

This is what I did but as explained above, I didn't have the opportunity to exclude whatever certificate anyway.