MrWrighty

IMAP Subscribed folder synchronisation issue

We have 10 PC's all running the lates version of Eset NOD32 7.1.2053. 9 PC's are behaving themselves, but one refuses to sync IMAP folders throwing an error.

Eventually I disabled Email protocol filtering for this PC and IMAP sync started. I cannot understand how 90% of the installs work without a hitch but 1 machines decides not to play ball.

Re-enabling the protocol seems to have fixed the issue and sync continues to work.

Do you mean that temporarily disabling IMAP(S) scanning makes the issue go away? If so, please carry on as follows:

- enable advanced network protection and protocol filtering logging under tools -> diagnostics
- reproduce the issue
- disable logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload it here.

It appears that disabling IMAP protocol filtering and then re-enabling it causes the problem to go away. As the problem now appears fixed, not sure if the logs will show anything.

I would attach the logs, but they a 2gb in size.

After reenabling to recreate the error, the problem now persists and I cannot collect email again.

Problem only occurred after re-enabling protocol filtering for the purposes of generating the logs. Now wish I had left it well alone as it was working.

Edited by MrWrighty

Were you able to to reproduce the issue again with logging enabled? Didn't you leave logging enabled for too long so that they grew to such a big size? I assume that's because a lot of network traffic was captured which might not have been needed. While logging it's a good practice to close any network-aware application that might be running to keep logs as small as possible.

You can upload the logs to Dropbox, OneDriver, Wetransfer, etc. and provide me with a download link.