Error message from Windows at version 12.2.28.0

• Most Valued Members
38 minutes ago, reisender1967 said:

Hello,

Yesterday I updated to version 12.2.28.0.

Since then Windows reports after each restart that the virus protection is not active.

Greetings

Christian

Version 12.2.28.0

• Fixed: Registration to Windows Security Center failed after upgrade from version 12.x

•  

Do you mean that it takes a little bit of time for Windows to detect that ESET is running?

Edited by Rami

@RamiNo, there is no error message directly after the start. After 1 - 2 minutes the message appears in the notification window of Windows 10.
Under "Security & Maintenance" of Windows 10, however, no error is displayed.

@MarcosI'll send you logs right away.

Message.jpg

Notification.jpg

• Most Valued Members

I can't read Deutsch but it seems that in the first screenshot it's showing that everything is active and running and in the second one it's showing you that it's not running and inactive?

• Most Valued Members
6 minutes ago, reisender1967 said:

Yes, that is correct.

I now check again the messages that are displayed directly after the start.

That is weird , I believe it's a bug , I think you need to collect logs as Marcos stated and upload them here so an ESET Staff can take a look at them.

Not sure if what i experienced after upgrading  the last 2 or 3 EIS versions /builds, Not sure if this is any way related ,But after rebooting to complete the upgrade The LAN icon and the window's firewall where showing that i was not connected to the internet although everything appeared to be working fine, the LAN icon/and the Network & sharing centre eventually changed to the correct state  this however disappeared after a few more re starts  this is on a PC running Win 7,

Edited by tommy456

I had a similar issue when I upgraded to ver. 12.2.25 on Win 10. So it appears this issue is not fixed. Staying on ver. 12.2.23.

Edited by itman

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Purpleroses said:

what is the latest version because I'm still at 12.2.23.0?

The one you have is the latest currently. We'll continue with the release of v12.2.28 probably tomorrow after implementing a workaround for a bug in Windows that is discussed in this topic.

11 hours ago, reisender1967 said:

Hello,

Yesterday I updated to version 12.2.28.0.

Since then Windows reports after each restart that the Firewall is not active.

Greetings

Christian

I had a similar issue over the past few days. I updated to Windows 10 and have found they are leaving of back doors with mini  VPN Virtual Private Network. Ports  are opened up.  I thought I had a virus.  Apparently the new Windows update wants to hold you hand while you're  on the internet.  What I found disturbing is how many Windows listening devices were listed on my network. The only way I found out what was going through my firewall was with my ESET smart security tools under network scan. There is a little tension between the two firewalls (integrated and installed), plus ESET has a scanner tool that will look for  antivirus conflicts.  I ended up blocking everything until I could figure out who was who. I hope this has helped you as it has helped me come to grasp the new age of software.  These days it says just click here to install, and your privacy goes out the window.