Upgrading endpoint 5 to 7

Hello

i have question about upgrading Endpoint version 5 to endpoint version 7.is it possible upgrading (installing version 7 directly on a client that has endpoint version 5)?? or first uninstall endpoint version 5 and then install  Version 7

Thanks

• Administrators

Upgrade is supported, however, I'd recommend uninstalling v5 first so that you install v7 with default settings. In case you didn't have v5 configured for maximum protection for some reason, this will ensure that possibly misconfigured settings will not make it to v7.

Thanks for your reply

I Read this kb but i confined.

what i understood is that .we should first install esmc on new server and after that using migration tool for export and import setting on new server.then on clients(endpoint version 5 ) install  agent because of our clients connect to new server. according to what you said "Upgrade is supported, however, I'd recommend uninstalling v5 first so that you install v7 with default settings" first uninstall endpoint version 5 then install endpoint version 7

that is correct

• ESET Staff

Yes, your statement is correct. Correct porcedure should be: 

1. Install ESMC V7 on a new machine
  2. Deploy ESMC Agent on machines with V5 product installed (it will overtake the product management). There might be issues with mirror / proxy settings in this case, as mirror concept is deprecated in V7. make sure your clients will be able to update from the internet, or will have visibility to the proxy, if proxy option is selected during ESMC V7 installation. 
  3. Upgrade test client from V5 to V7 via software install task. If that would work (and your systems are consistent from the version / system point of view), install the V7 on other machines. Otherwise first uninstall V5, reboot machine, and install V7 on "clean" system.