Deslock & opening a drive when mounted as external

anotheruser

Hi all

Posting here as not sure where else to put it, please move it if there's a better place.

Issue;

HDD in a customers system which uses Deslock is failing to boot

System launches accepts credentials for Deslock

Launches Windows login screen and stalls (continuous circle...)

Removed from system for checking and mounted as external drive to diagnostic system

Diagnostic system cant see disk in disk manager or user data (as expected) so the encryption seems to work - good.

Question:

Is it possible to access data on drive if I install a version of ?? encryption tools to diagnostic system?

Please advise which software version if any and method of decrypting?

Notes:

I suspect this will not be possible for a whole host of perfectly valid reasons, my user however has data which is not backed up (don't they all?)

Thank you for your thoughts and input

AU

Edited by anotheruser
typo

Hello there,

43 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

Removed from system for checking and mounted as external drive to diagnostic system

Does this means that it is not on HDD Primary boot option? if yes, then you should boot it as the only primary hard disk, otherwise you won't be able to decrypt the data.
https://support.eset.com/kb7155/

That is correct its not the primary HDD, because as per my post it wont boot in situ. It may be that the OS has been corrupted by some form of malware or the disk may be FUBAR but before proceeding any further I am trying to access the data on the drive for recovery purposes. That is basically my question.

in the mentioned article, there's a some scenarios explained, were you can boot into an ubuntu image and then download a decryptor tool from deslock website , in which us can use to decrypt your data.