Importing Openssl-generated CA SSL certs to ESMC

• Most Valued Members

Hi,

I've read

and am having some difficulty with importing a CA certificate I created in openssl for the internal CA. 

When I go to "Certification Authorities", -> (Actions button) -> "Import Public Key" and then browse to the public key,  Click on Import.

I get the following error: "Import has failed: Creating certification authority failed.  Check input parameters for invalid or reserved characters."

The public key I'm uploading is a PEM formatted file.   Also, reading Custom Certificates  I get the feeling that ESMC doesn't support openssl; but I could be wrong.

Are there other documentations that can help me?

Thanks

Edmund

• Most Valued Members

Further addendum is that the first link wasn't really what I should've been reading; but the actual link that I should read(and did) was Custom Certificates: Importing    but it didn't help since after doing the procedure, it gave me the error.

What am I missing?  I'm thinking it's the format of the PEM file (but I've changed it from PEM to pfx).  What is the "Import public key" function expecting from the user?

Thanks!

Edmund

• Most Valued Members

Dunno why it didn't hit me, but I went to the logs and came across the following:

2019-08-26 09:39:32 Error: CServerSecurityModule [Thread 8c4]: ParseDerCertificate: CertCreateCertificateContext failed with ASN1 bad tag value met. Error code: 0x8009310b
2019-08-26 09:39:32 Error: ConsoleApiModule [Thread b58]: 868 Error while processing AddCertificationAuthority request: ParseDerCertificate: CertCreateCertificateContext failed with ASN1 bad tag value met. Error code: 0x8009310b

Looking at the output of the certificate, I noticed that the Issuer field has spaces in between the field name and field value.  i.e  S = HK    instead of S=HK

Could this be the problem?

Thanks

Edmund