Is it possible to roll back to a lesser product with the same license?

Hello all, I recently renewed my license (last month?) and upgraded to Internet Security form just the Anti Virus. I'm wondering if I can JUST install the anti virus and not the internet security USING my current license?

I am having an issue with my webcam disconnecting and having some sort of driver issue (I have web cam security turned off) and the only thing I can find is the driver edevmon.sys may be causing the issue, but I can't remove the driver.

The webcam is a c922x and it has the latest driver from Microsoft and software from Logitech.

thanks

Eset licensing rules always allow you to downgrade to a product of lesser value. So yes, you can install NOD32. Just make sure you uninstall Internet Security first.

• Administrators

I wouldn't recommend downgrading to NOD32 Antivirus from ESET Internet Security. EIS also contains network attack protection so in case you had your computer not fully patched it could stop possible exploitation of vulnerabilities in network protocols which NOD32 wouldn't.

You've mentioned issues with your webcam. Have you tried disabling Web cam protection?

Yes I did disable the webcam protection but the eset driver still remains in the webcam driver list, and even though I'm not sure, I want to test that the camera is not switching to that driver on reboot or some such thing. Because unplugging and re-plugging the camera a few times corrects the driver problem.

I may roll back just to test things out and then reinstall the EIS after I figure out whats going on. I would just completely remove it but I don't want to be without at least some protection.

Edited by RobCom

• Administrators

Unfortunately there's very little information about the issue:  an issue with my webcam disconnecting and having some sort of driver issue...

What does "a sort of driver issue" mean? By webcam disconnecting do you mean that you get disconnected while calling through Skype or having a video call through another application? Have you tried disabling the firewall, Network attack protection and Botnet protection which are protection modules not present in ESET NOD32 Antivirus?