rgoldman

Installed on server, cant remove

Hi

I installed File Security on a server, well it failed but partially installed, so I thought. When I rebooted, the GUI and everything works like it supposed, it reports to ESMC and everything. But what I found out, it doesn't list in Programs/Features.

Before I rebooted I tried running a Software Uninstall from ESMC and it was not detected. Is there a way to remove and reinstall without booting into Safe Mode?

Thanks

Reggie

What if you re-installed EFSW over the current one?

If I run the All in One Installer, it will fail. Unless I don't have the Management Agent installed, then it says everything is successful. But still doesn't list in Programs/Features.

The Management Agent installs/uninstalls fine. Just not File Security.

I think the issue could have originated from Windows Smart Screen. When I originally tried to deploy, it failed saying try to install locally. So I did and that's when I got the Smart Screen block... I disabled that and tried to reinstall.

It fails stopping ekrn. So I guess the only thing I can do is safe mode uninstall right?

To avoid using the uninstall tool in safe mode, at least delete C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ehdrv.sys  and "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\Drivers" in safe mode. Then re-install EFSW in normal mode.